Mister. Me

" Miss. Alene , you actually came!" I chuckled as she peaked at my door, "come in, come in!" I got up and started to make some coffee, "would you like a cup, Miss. Alene?"

I turned to see her boldly standing, "no thank you, sir."

I hid my short moment of fear by laughing. Loud. I wiped the tear away and held my stomach, " Miss. Alene! Miss. Alene! What a lovely person you are. Not a coffee fan? Or is it just my coffee in particular, because I'll have you know my coffee is gr-"

"Sir."

Her sharp tone sent chills down my spine. I found it very attractive when she got a little bold. She was still standing as I finished making my coffee as I sat my cup down to come around to sit on the edge of my desk. We were closer now.

She hated it. Hated people getting in her large bubble. It made her boldness fade into this shy and cute yet tensed state.

"Yes, Miss. Alene."

She cleared her throat and toke a few steps back, " you called me here. Is there anything you needed?"

I smiled, " your so cute right now, " I mumbled. She must have heard because her hands curled into fist and her body tensed, " sorry, " I stated simply. 

"It's fine, " she basically whispered. Then shoving that comment aside she said, " you were saying?"

"Oh yes!" I turned around and reached the papers she gave me," your missing very vital information, Miss. Alene."

A spark lit in her face. She stood straighter, " what could I have missed, sir?"

I chuckled. She has the bite to back up her bark. She's very hard working and the best in this industry," now now, Miss. Alene. Before you get offended just know that I said missing not missed."

"what do you mean?" She held her hand out for the files. I gave them to her as she continued to frown at my confusing statement.

" I read through the paper, which was excellent, of course, but there seems to be a page missing. A very important page, that is."

She looked through them and then stared at me. My heart sped. Was she blaming me?

"Don't look at me like that. I didn't lose anything!"

"Then I'll retrace my steps to find it."

I stood, " that's very important information Miss. Alene. If anyone who's not qualified to see it sees it...especially Emily..."

She suddenly perked up and swore under her breath, " if Emily see it...she'll be..."

I nod, understanding, "yeah. That's why we need to find it."

She nodded," yeah...."

I stayed quiet as I watched her think in frustration. I cleared my throat and stood, " your dismissed"

She looked up," you told me to meet you in your office before you read my files. Why did you really call me up for?"

Oh.

She's sharp. So hot.

I smiled, "you're so right, " I let out a big exhale, " I wanted you to attend a special event with me. It's for th-"

"I refuse. Thank you, sir"

Huh?

I forced a smile," your going to reject me even though you don't fully know what your rejecting?"

She smiled. My heart skipped, " your my boss, Mister. Me," she went to open the door, " and the thing I'm rejecting is you specifically.  Very sorry about that, but I must go. Have a good night."

I stared bluntly at her back as the door shut behind her.

I smiled.

I was just rejected. Me. Rejected.

I laughed.

She's playing hard to get huh?

She's so d*mn fine.