Mary

I ran out of breath. My throat was on the verge of closing. My eyes was twinkling with tears. 

I was so happy.

"Sir, are you alright?"

I looked up. It was a nurse.

I gasped for air" she ...her heart," I gasped for air, " it's too fast. She burning hot, too. I think she's ready," I repeated, "she ready! I sound the a notification thing , but nobody came!"

"I'm so sorry, there was a delay. They just left to go assist her. I'm sure you've crossed paths with them."

I frowned, "no. No I didn't. That's strange....welp! I better go then! I want to help as much as I can."

The nurse smile , " yes you should. Take care." She said as I quickly turned on my heels.

When I came around the corner near her room, I heard her voice for the first time in forever. Well really her sound. She was screaming, and it was terrifying. So of course I ran faster, nearly tripping on a sharp turn. At her door, were two large men blocking the entrance. They saw my face and nearly jolted out of the way. Doctors and more crowded the room. Those who were unnecessary cleared a path to Mary.

My heart fluttered at this sight. It was incredible.

Blood.Sweat. Tears. It was all here. Here right in front of me. And I get to witness it all. The scene could've been an angelic painting. The Creation of Adam.

A true masterpiece.

Suddenly I realized I wasn't playing my role. I quickly came by her side," sweet Mary. I'm here. I'm here."

She took my hand violently and gave me a deathly stare. I shivered. She would not give me mercy after this was over.

If only she could hear her own screams, I smiled, " your fine. Let's get through this together."

888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

When the baby came I was literally in shock. It was not worth the wait. A disappointment. She was ugly, deformed, and disguising.

What do we do? I signed to Mary.

She said nothing. Just staring at the thing that just came from her.... Did she want to keep it? Maybe it will die off.

Hopefully it does di-

I caught myself from thinking the wrong evil sentence.

Of course I want her to live. Right?

No you don't.

I stared at the child. I smiled.

Of course I want her. She is my child. Deformed, ill, and more yet...

Tears came as I picked her up.

She is my child.

Yet.... Mary seems to have other ideas.

I don't think she's too happy with our child.

I turned to her with a supporting smile, " What should we name her?" I signed to her.

She shook her head and signed, "this unfortunate child.. her name will be of someone who changed my view of the world forever," she looked at me with teary eyes.

My smile fell," and what is that?"

She rose her shaky hands.

"Cocoa."