Mary

I smiled at my Little Lily who stuffed her innocent face. Strawberries fell off her plate and she tried to reach it but was too small. Her large blue eyes stared at me, " I can't get it daddy."

I chuckled, " I'll get it for you then." I bent and reached for it with a napkin. I balled it up inside the towellet and held it up. My precious little lily's face perked up in intriguing attention. I could easily read her face. I could see her questions. What will daddy do with the strawberry? Will he eat the strawberry? Will he put it in the trash? Will he hand it back to me?

I maneuvered my torso and threw the strawberry into the trash. I missed. 

" I wanna try!"

"We're not throwing food in the house," Mary spoke up. 

My precious Lily sat up straight with an immediate change, " yes ma'am..." she didn't pout. 

I sighed and tossed her a strawberry, "Mary, I'll clean up the mess. "

Cocoa glanced up at me, then Mary. Me. Then Mary. Me...

She finally gave in, " I don't want to anymore...."

Heh...

Fear. The things it can do. 

"Alight, then I'll try again until you try." I said as Mary glared at me. I ignored her, but Cocoa did not, "come on. Try for daddy..."

Slowly she grabbed a strawberry, straightened in her seat and tossed the strawberry. She made it. I smiled. At that length and the angle of her seating, any normal kid her size and age should have missed it. 

And yet again.....My little lily is not normal. In fact I can say she's far from normal. 

...

Breakfast was over and my wife, Mary, had gone to gamble. She thought I didn't know about it, but of course I did. I knew everything that occur here. Anywhere Cocoa is , or doing, or said, and did. I know it all. I see it all. 

I have to, because she's my special little lily. She's very special. 

I watched her on my surgeon table, squirming in a terrible sweaty unconsciousness. She was in grave pain and didn't know it. 

I cleaned my blooded hands and went to sooth her. I pat her messy curls as she gasped like a fish out of water. I smiled. She's strong so she'll be fine. I turned to put up my now clean tools. 

"What's wrong with me...?" 

I snapped my head around. Fear hit me when I saw her struggling sitting up. 

Should I hide? No. She already saw me. Now she was studying me face. I kept my surprise then turned it into relief, " my little lily I found you!"

"Where am I, daddy?"

I tried to force tears to come but they couldn't, "my little lily...I have no idea...You went missing and I found you! I found my little lily! Come to me!"

She tried to moved but she cried out aloud, "it hurts, daddy. It hurts.."she was crying and looked miserable. I guess the immunity to feel pain doesn't work all the time.

I came up to her, " your hurting...." I stated as I picked her up gently, "but you must stay silent. Some bad people will find us and keep us both here. "

She acted so mature. So brave and smart. Through her miserable pain, she still suffered it in silence. She nod and hooded her head into my arm. 

"Don't open your eyes. I'm going to get us out of here. Then we'll go home and I'll treat your wounds."