Part 14 - Broken hearted realizations

~ Jungkook’s POV ~

Jungkook has been in a sad state of mind ever since you left.
He was travelling all over the world hoping to get over you but nothing seemed to work or sort out his feelings.

He finally spoke to Yunho and asked him all about you.
Where you lived, what you did, where you worked….basically any information he could get so he could see you.
He was desperate.
After months of travelling…he finally realized the only thing that could sort this for him….was you.
You were the only one who could end his problem or give him advice on what to do.

Jungkook immediately made his preparations to see you.
Within a day Jungkook finally made it to your country.
All he had to do now, was find you.

~ Few days later ~ at Y/n’s home

You had a special place to go to today.
You had just finished preparing a bouquet of flowers and kept them in a pot for the time being as you went to your closet to get ready.

It was winter so you wore something to keep you warm. You grabbed some gloves and the flower bouquet as you made your way downstairs.

You got to the car and entered the passenger seat. You then turned to Jin Ae who was seated in the back, giving her the flowers and saying “Ready sweetheart?” to which she replied “Ready!.."..after which you guys drove off.

You guys had just come to a park to sit for a while before going to the special place.
Jin Ae was playing around on the swings as you sat on the benches and watched her.

You weren’t sure what sorts of feelings you were going through. You would think that after all these years you would have learned to manage your emotions but no matter how much you forced yourself to believe you were healing or moving on, in reality you were getting much worse.

It’s been about an hour now. You were lost in your thoughts when someone tapped your shoulder and snapped you out of it. “Let’s go Jin Ae-ah…” the person said as the little girl then stopped playing and ran towards him

“Coming daddy.” She said before finally reaching him. He picked her up and carried her as you both made your way out of the little park.

As you were walking, you weren’t sure what it was but a weird feeling came over you.
It was like a familiar aura.
Like someone you knew was somewhere close.
You quickly turned around to look behind you but no one was there.
You stood there for a few seconds wondering what the heck just happened when the guy that was with you asked
“Y/n?......are you alright?”

You turned back to him and smiled “yeah…I’m fine” as you shook it off and continued to walk.

It was Jungkook.

After speaking with some of your coworkers and family and combining all of the information he had, he finally managed to find you.

Apparently this place that you were going to is something you did every year.

After searching for almost an hour he managed to find you sitting in the park but to his surprise you were sitting next to a guy he never expected to see.

It was Ji Soo.

The same guy who came to see you in the hospital that day.
Jungkook was heartbroken by the sight that was in front of his eyes.
He wasn’t sure what he was supposed to do now.
All these years he felt this way only to have it crushed in a matter of seconds.

He saw how it looked like you had moved on… No matter how much his heart told him to do one thing….his mind was quick to shut it down and told himself that you were happy, that you were safe, content and that you now had a family.

So Jungkook did what he had always done.
He watched you turn your back and walk away after which he turned and walked in the opposite direction knowing he will never have a chance.

You guys finally reached the special place.

You opened the little gate that enclosed the area.
You walked through the place for sometime until you finally reached the spot you wanted to visit.

You took a deep breath and spoke

“Hi sweetheart, It’s been so long since I saw you. I have Jin Ae and Ji Soo today….I hope you are having a wonderful time where you are right now. Thank you for everything you have done for me. You are the most beautiful, kindest, caring, generous and most precious soul I have ever met in my entire life. I hope to see you again some day. Until then I know you will always watch over us like you have always done even when you were with us. I promise to always come and visit you.
I love you with all my heart forever and always….”

You then turned to Ji Soo as a tear fell down your cheek. He gave you a comforting pat on the shoulder after which he took a few moments to say a few words as well.

He then looked down at Jin Ae who was between his legs as he said.
“Want to say anything to mommy?”

Jin Ae spoke softly saying….. “Hi mommy, I just want to say I miss you and I love you….I wish you were here” as she bent down and put the flowers on top of the tombstone with the words

“Here lies a wonderful loving Daugher, Friend, Wife and Mother”
engraved under the name
AURIEL……