~Chapter 10~

Eddie's POV~

I biked home with a huge grin on my face the whole way, despite being covered in sticky soda I was the happiest I've been in forever. I can't believe I'm actually going on a date with Will! At least I think that's what it is, I'm not positive. Probably not though. 

I got so lost in my thoughts I ran into a rock in the road making me fall off my bike. 

"Shit" I said. Thankfully my bike and I are alright. I need my inhaler though, and fast. I unzipped my fanny pack and took out my inhaler as I put it to my mouth. I inhaled one puff (Idk what it's called when you do that) and gave it a moment. I wish I didn't need this stupid thing. 

"Time to come up with an excuse as to why I have soda all over me" I said to myself. 

Once I got home I dropped my bike in the driveway and went inside. I looked around to see if I could spot my mom. Good, she's asleep on the couch. I went into my room and got a change of clothes ready and then went in my bathroom and took a shower, and boy was it a relief to have that soda off of my body. 

Will's POV~

We all left after what happened, none of us wanted to run into Henry and his friends again. I surely didn't so I rode back home with El. I couldn't stop smiling but also worrying, I can't believe I asked Eddie out! I wonder if he thinks I'm just being friendly or if he thinks I like him. Maybe I'll get a hint or something tomorrow. 

We got home and set our bikes down not bothering to open the garage. We went to the door and unlocked it with the spare key mom gave me. 

I opened the door and saw Hopp-I mean dad, jeez I gotta get used to that. He was sitting on the couch with the TV on. 

"Hi dad" I said but couldn't keep the smile from my face. 

"Hey guys, how was the movie?" he asked kicking his feet up on the small table in front of the couch. 

"It was good" I said. I walked into the kitchen looking through the fridge for something to eat as El went upstairs to change or something. 

"Can you grab me the chips?" he asked. 

"Ya" I said and grabbed them out of the cabinet. 

"Here you go" I said and handed them to him. 

"Thanks, what're you so happy about?" he asked taking his attention away from the tv, crap I'm still smiling. The smile faded away quickly and I shrugged. 

"Nothing, why?" I asked walking back into the kitchen. 

"You're smiling a lot, I take it you had a lot of fun?" he asked. Should I tell him I asked a boy out? What will he think? 

"I, um, actually asked someone out" I spoke quietly. What the hell am I saying? He's gonna think I'm gross or something. 

"Wait really? Who? What'd she say?" that hurt. What do I say now? 

"Umm, well" oh God what do I say?! 

"Hi" El said walking back down the stairs in pajamas. She layed on the couch next to dad and snuggled up to him. Oh thank God, I gotta thank her somehow. 

"Hey" dad said to her. 

"I'm gonna go take a shower" I said coming up with the first excuse I could think of.

"But don't you wanna tell me about who you asked out?" he said as I walked up the stairs. 

"I, uh, will later" I said going in my room. Great now I have to take a shower. I went into the bathroom that El and I sadly had to share and turned on the shower. How am I supposed to tell him? Or do I?