~Chapter 17~

Eddie's POV~

"What'd you mean 'dad'? Wait...are you, Will?" the man, apparently Will's dad, said. 

"Ya, I am. What are you doing here?" Will said sounding a bit scared but also angry. 

"On a trip, what are you doing here? And where's your mom?" Will's dad asked. 

"We moved here and she's at home"

"Finally that woman came to her senses to move" 

"Her name is Joyce. And why haven't you left? I'm not stopping you, plus It was easy for you to leave us before" Will said the last bit quieter. 

"You fucking brat. You think I don't want to see my son?" 

"No, you never wanted too" Will said teary eyed. I held onto his hand and his dad noticed and scoffed. Shit. 

"Who's this?" he asked. 

"Uhh, my, um...he's my friend" He's not the best at lying but hopefully he'll buy it. 

"I always knew you were queer, no guy friends hold each other's hands, or say I love you" 

I wanna kill him right now but I don't stand a chance. 

"Just shut up! Leave me alone!" Will yelled at him as he started to cry a bit. Will turned around still holding onto my hand tightly but gently and walked quickly out of the store. 

"Will slow down please, it's ok" I said trying to make him feel better. Will stopped and started to speak. 

"No it's not Eddie. You don't understand how much I hate him. He's always been calling me names like that, and when he did my mom would tell him not too but he always said and did things to me when she wasn't around so there was nothing I could do about it. I've been thinking that maybe he changed and regrets what he said and did but clearly he's still the same jerk" Will was full on crying now. 

"I'm sorry Will, I didn't know. But it doesn't matter what he says about you because you are amazing and I love you more than anything. Not many people will accept the way we are Will but we'll have to live with that. I love you for who you are and you don't deserve to have him as a father" I explained as best as I could to him. He means so much to me and truly is an amazing person and doesn't deserve any of this. 

"Thanks Eddie" he said and I pulled him in for a hug. 

"Umm Eddie"

"Ya Will?" 

"We never payed for this stuff" 

Dammit.