Chapter 14 -- Taking Care of My Wife; Part I

Stef and Lena drove home in comfortable silence; Stef's left-hand softly rubbing circles into Lena's right thigh. Once they arrived home Stef took control, she hopped out of the car as soon as it was parked and rushed over to Lena opening her door. "Welcome home my beautiful wife, allow me to escort you inside!" Stef says excitedly.

            Lena was taken aback by the change in demeanor. She was so happy to see her wife feeling confident again. She knew it probably wouldn't last more than a few days, at least until they worked through all the suppressed trauma, but she was so glad that Stef's anxious mind was at least getting this small reprieve. Plus, she was more than happy to be a recipient of Stef's romantic, caretaking side. Lena takes Stef's offered hand and gets out of the car. "Why thank you, my Love." Lena says giggling.

            They walk hand-in-hand to the front door. After Stef unlocks and opens the door, Lena moves to step inside, but the strong blonde stops her. "Wait Baby, I want to take care of everything tonight."

            The curly haired woman looks confused until Stef wraps her right arm around her back and hooks her left arm under legs lifting her wife off the ground. Stef stands still, holding her beautiful girl in her arms smiling. "I love you so much Baby, and I'm going to pamper and spoil you tonight." Stef says before sealing her words with a tender but passionate kiss.

As she pulls her face back, she begins carrying her wife over the threshold before kicking the door shut. Lena expects to be put down, but she isn't. Stef begins climbing the stairs with her slender wife still securely in her arms as she asks, "Where are you taking me Stef? I thought we were going to eat?"

Stef smiles. "I'm going to get you into a hot bath, just the way you like it, and start dinner as you soak. After I get you in the tub, I want you to lay back and relax; I'll be back up in 20 minutes to wash you myself." Stef beams with a wink.

Lena is loving the attention being showered on her and is also so thankful that it's Friday which means they have the house to themselves for the night. Once Stef places Lena on their bed, Lena brings her hands up to Stef's face, gently rubbing her cheeks. "I'm so thankful to have this time with you; to reconnect with you and feel taken care of by you."

Stef leans forward and kisses her beautiful wife. They kiss tenderly, getting reacquainted with their tongues.  She pulls back after several minutes with her hands still buried in Lena's bushy mane. "My beautiful Love... I know things have been rough recently, and I've not been strong for you or taken care of your needs. I hope tonight helps remind you that I am still the strong woman you fell in love with; when you need me, you tell me. I will push whatever mess is running through my mind to the side and take care of you. You will always come first, Lena. Your safety, comfort, and needs will always be my priority."

Stef wipes a few tears that have fallen from Lena's eyes. "I love you so much Stefanie, and I need you to know that I have never looked at you differently. Even with everything that's been happening I know you're still the fierce, passionate, loving woman that I met in the school yard. I know that anything you're feeling or struggling with would be pushed aside in a heartbeat to protect me and our children, but Baby, I need you to let me be strong and protect you sometimes. You did such an amazing job leaning on me last night, and you were so incredible today with being vulnerable and exposing some dark places to me. I know it will be a struggle, but don't shut down on me. You think these experiences and this anxiety makes you worthless; you think being emotional and vulnerable makes you weak, but I promise you're not and it doesn't. When things get harder and you fall apart, I'll be there to break through your walls and pick up the pieces. I'm going to fall apart and lean on you tonight, and I know you're going to hold me and give me all the loving I need. So, you remember everything you do for me tonight and how you make me feel because when it's your turn, I'm going to do the same – I'm going to love you so good Baby." Lena presses a passionate, tongue-filled kiss to Stef's lips. "Mm, sweet and velvety just the way I like it."