Chapter One

ᗯEᒪᑕOᗰE ᗷᗩᑕK TO ᗰY ᔕTOᖇY! KᑎOᗯ GO Oᑎ ᗩᕼEᗩᗪ I ᗷET YOᑌ ᑭᖇOᗷᗩᗷᒪY ᗯᗩᑎT TO KᑎOᗯ ᗯᕼᗩT ᕼᗩᑭᑭEᑎᔕ ᑎE᙭T.
😏

Oh, and if something is in Italics it is spoken in Parseltongue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BANG!
BANG!
BANG!
I continually heard to loud beating noise coming from downstairs. I tried to ignore it by covering my ears with my thin frail pillow, but it didn't work to no avail. I finally got fed up, yanked off my blankets, and kicked the wall my bed was on. Hoping it would send a message down to whoever was banging to shut up.

Finally, silence.

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

AGH! I guess there is no use now. I walk over to my worn out green wardrobe and swing the doors open. I let them slam the back wall where there was already a growing dent from other times of attempting this. I yank my grey long sleeve hoodie from the hanger and pull open the drawer to grab my old blue jeans. I can't really yank that open without breaking it out. I change out of my horrible nightgown into my clothes for the day and lazily make my way down stairs to confront this banging.

I round the narrow corner to the kitchen to see some guy repeatedly banging his head on things. I knew exactly what was going on, but I didn't want to seem obvious. So I walked towards the cabinet, grabbed a bowl and oatmeal mix. I peer through the corner of my eye to see Leo, a mischievous 12 year old gripping Mrs. Lance's wand. I continue to ignore this action and made my oatmeal. I was about to head outside when I hear the man scream. I turn around to see a snake on the table slithering its way to towards the man. I run towards him making the snake draw his attention to me instead. Instantly I realize it is a Black Mamba, a very deadly snake. No, you don't need to hurt anyone. If I don't hurt you, can you not hurt my friend? Please? The snake starts to move away slowly as I run to trap it under my bowl of oatmeal. Once the snake is dealt with I turn around to see Leo snickering. I stand in front of him with my arms crossed over my chest.

"Leo, this isn't funny. You almost killed the man! Give me her wand before I tell her what you did." I glared at him making sure he knew I wasn't joking.

"Aww, come on Em. I was just having fun. There is nothing to do in this hell hole."

" Go outside or something. Just don't cause any more trouble. Got it?" He ran over to the door with a grin on his face. "Of course!"

I rolled my eyes at his stupidity. Oh, I almost forgot. I walk over to the table. I grab a napkin from the center and pull the bowl on top. I look up to see the guy from earlier in a corner looking at me with wide eyes.

"What are you going to do with that.. that thing?"

"Let it loose of course! It won't cause any harm if you don't provoke it." The guy nodded his head silently and rose from the corner.

"I think I am going to leave now."

"You better, you woke me up!" He was up out the door in less than 10 seconds flat. I walk outside and slowly pulled the bowl from the ground the snake came first then the oatmeal plopped down after. After I clean out the bowl I go back upstairs to my room to gather my bag with all of my sketchbooks. As i throw it over my shoulder the bottom falls out. "Shit" I clean up all of the books and put them in a nice and neat pile next to my bed. I grab my current one and my pencil pouch and head out the door.

By now I am sitting on a rusty park bench under a tall thick tree to get some shade. I look around my scenery to get a feel for my next sketch. I really don't consider this a park, more like a bigger backyard. It has a rusted metal gate that leads to a dirt path that is surrounded by greenery. No one really keeps this place clean so the grass is almost as tall as I am, which makes this a really good hiding place. Especially, with the kind of trouble I get myself into. There is this little fountain in the middle of it. It seams a little less worn out than the rest of the park. The fountain is made up of two white dishes they have a tiny bit of rust on them, but that is to be expected when things are old and had water sitting in them. It was a really simple thing, but there was just something about it that I loved. With a smile on my face I opened my sketch book and grabbed my pencils and started sketching the fountain.

After quiet a while working on my drawing, I looked up. I peer a little farther than the fountain this time to notice a older looking guy just sitting there enjoying the view. He glanced over at me with his dull blue eyes and thin rimmed glasses resting on his nose. He gave a small grin and walked off. Huh, weird.