Chapter 5 Sorcerer's Stone

ᗯEᒪᑕOᗰE ᗷᗩᑕK! TᕼEᔕE ᑎE᙭T ᖴEᗯ ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇᔕ ᗯIᒪᒪ ᖴOᒪᒪOᗯ TᕼE ᗰOᐯIE'ᔕ ᑭᒪOT, ᗷᑌT ᗯITᕼ IᗰᖇIE. (ᗪᑌᕼ)

~~~~~~~

I run as fast as my skinny legs can carry me. My bare feet are pounding against the usually soft ground. I can feel the dirt wedging it's way in between my toes as I run. My heart pounds in my chest. I glance behind me to see the shadowed figure gaining on footage. My breathing has become ragged. I won't be able to keep this up for any longer. I can hear whispering getting louder behind me. I can see a clearing up ahead. I give all that I have left. I break out into a full sprint. I break the clearing and see Hagrid's hut on my left and the whomping willow up ahead. If I am correct I think there is a secret room underneath. I give it all that I got. I feel like I am about to fall face forward into the grass. The Whomping Willow grew closer. Just a little more. I felt myself slowly start to slip away as I run harder than I have ever run in my life. I see the opening in the trunk. I lean back a little and let my legs get swept up from underneath me. I slide into the opening in the nick of time. I breathe in deeply for the first time in what seems like forever. I see black spots dance in my vision and let them slowly take over my body.

I wake up with a jolt drenched in sweat. I pull back my covers to see my feet covered in dirt and red marks lining my legs. I swing my legs over the side of my bed and try to stand. As soon as my feet made contact with the ground, my legs buckled under me and my body slammed to the ground. I scream in pain. I look around, I don't see my roommate anywhere. I need to get help. I drag my limp body to grab my wand. Every bone in my body stung like it is on fire. I hear my door swinging open behind me. I continue to reach for my wand. You never know if that is an intruder trying to take you.

"Bloody hell Imrie! What happened?!" Draco yells rushing to my side. I finally give up knowing I am sort of safe. "Answer me! Imrie, calm down and tell me." I don't realize I am crying until I feel my cheek which is wet with tears. Draco sits down and pulls me into his lap as I cry. I can hear pounding footsteps coming down the hall towards my room. "Crabbe, Goyle, go get Professor Snape!" They don't move. "Now!" The footsteps get quieter. "Imrie, are you ok? What happened?"

"I had a nightmare." I say as sobs rack my body. "This shadow was chasing me. I ran and slid into the Willow tree that's when I woke up." Draco's grip got tighter on me as I cried.

"Professor, please she can't stand. She needs to go to the infirmary." Snaps walks over and lifts my body from Draco's arms as I scream from the burning sensation in my legs.

"I will take care of her from here. Get to class, I will tell Madam Hooch you will be late." Draco runs off as Snape carries me to the infirmary. He doesn't say anything on the way there. At some point I black out from the pain.

"Is she ok? She's my best friend I want to see her." I slowly open my eyes to see Cedric talking to a nurse. He turns his head and notices me awake. "Hi" he smiles. "Are you ok? Don't try to move." I pull myself up in the bed so I can be eye level with him.

"I'm fine. I'm ok. What happened? Why am I here?" Cedric's face falls.

"You don't remember?"

"No"

Cedric pauses. "You blacked out. Draco found you in your room and Snape brought you here." He smiles at me. "I'm glad you're ok."