Chapter 9 Chamber of secrets part 4

Ok! Hi ummmm awkward..... this is the 4th part of chamber of secrets.... aaaannnddd the 2nd part to part 3.

(If that makes sense)

~~~~~~~~~

Harry's POV

As I walk through the twin serpent door, it opens up into a huge Chamber. In front of the statue of Salazar Slytherin lies Ginny. I bolt straight for her. " Ginny! Please don't be dead. Wake up! Wake up! Ginny!" I shake her not getting a response.

"She won't wake."

"Tom... Tom Riddle? What d'you mean, she won't wake? She's not..."

"She's still alive. But only just." I eye him suspiciously.

"Are you a ghost?"

"A memory. Preserved in a diary for fifty years."

"She's cold as ice. You've got to help me, Tom. There's a basilisk.."

"It won't come until it's called." I see Tom has my wand twirling it in his hands.

"Give me my wand, Tom."

"You won't be needing it." He is really starting to get more suspicious.

"Listen, we've got to go! We've got to save her!"

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Harry. You see, as poor Ginny grows weaker... I grow stronger." Confusion is written all over my face.

"But she's dying!"

"Yes. I'm afraid so. But then, she's been in so much pain, poor Ginny. She's been writing to me for months, telling me all her pitiful worries and woes. Ginny poured her soul out to me. I grew stronger on a diet of her deepest fears, her darkest secrets. I grew powerful enough to start feeding Ginny a few secrets, to start pouring a bit of my soul back into her..." I stare at him in confusion. "Yes, Harry, it was Ginny Weasley who opened the Chamber of Secrets." My eyes went wide.

"No... she couldn't -- she wouldn't."

"It was Ginny who set the Basilisk on the Mudbloods and the Squib's cat. Ginny who wrote threatening messages on the walls." I look over at here and I can't imagine her doing a single thing like that, she is too kind.

"Why?"

"Because I told her to. You'll find that I can be very persuasive. Not that she knew what she was doing. She was, shall we say, in a kind of trance. Still, the power of the diary began to scare her and she tried to dispose of it in the girls' bathroom. But then, who should find it... but you. The very person I was most anxious to meet."

"And why would you want to meet me?" I say growing angrier with him.

"Ginny told me all about you. I knew I had to talk to you, meet you if I could. So I decided to show you my capture of that brainless oaf, Hagrid, to gain your trust."

"Hagrid's my friend. And you framed him, didn't you?"

"It was my word against Hagrid's. Only Dumbledore seemed to think Hagrid was innocent."

"I'll bet Dumbledore saw right through you."

"I knew it wouldn't be safe to open the Chamber again while I was still at school. So I decided to leave behind a diary, preserving my sixteen-year-old self in its pages, so that one day... I would be able to lead another to finish
Salazar Slytherin's noble work."

"Well, you haven't finished it this time. In a few hours Mandrake Draught will be ready and everyone who was petrified will be all right again."

"Haven't I told you, that killing Mudbloods doesn't matter to me anymore? For many months now, my new target has been... you. Imagine my disappointment when I learned Ginny had stolen the diary back from you. I had to punish her."