Dread

(A/N: Hello, you awesome people who have decided to keep checking back on this. Last time I checked, 42 reads. I'm feeling quite proud. I should throw a party when it gets to a hundred. Anyways, I'm changing the point of view for this chapter. I just thought I'd see how it went and if it works, I'll shift it every few chapters to one of the guys' points. If you have any feedback, comment. AND THANK YOU TO THE SIX PEOPLE THAT VOTED! I send you virtual brownies. This means you, Joshua Boost. NOW ON WITH THE STORY.)

(P.S, I'm writing this after reading 'Under The Red Hood'. I may have been thinking of it as i wrote. It's a good book, go read it.

*Marvel fanatic scoffs while reading this* 'Dude, this is an Avengers fanfic. Why are you plugging DC?'

Me: 'It's Batman. And it's good. AND IM NOT BIASED.'

Random: 'I thought Batman was Marvel. I always wondered why he wasn't in the Avengers movie...'

Me, the rest of the nerdy, comic book-reading community and quite a few people with common sense: *facepalm*

OK, IM TYPING NOW!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 MINUTES BEFORE THE END OF THE LAST CHAPTER...

The woman walked out the door, a certain sense of prestige and grace in her movements. Stark, Banner and Barton were still watching the door long after she had gone.

Barton looked ashamed that he had just done something so... Clumsy. The man who could never miss. He had just found the flaw in his best talent. Loki was trying hard to hide his smile. The man had been the bane of his existence ever since he had been brought here from Asgard. While the other members of the Avengers had learnt to live with him being there, Clint Barton still held a grudge against him. Loki guessed it was because of the mind control. But since his arrival on Midgard, Barton had tried to get rid of him. Not in the permanent sense, but have him removed from the tower to S.H.I.E.L.D custody. Loki tried to live up to his evil expectations, and the pranking between them had become a common factor in their lives.

Stark and Banner looked shocked that a woman had refused both aid and money from them. The fact that she hadn't panicked or made a fuss when the drink had been spilt on her was a new experience. She was calm, and refused to be offered special treatment. Loki noted that she wanted to prove she could do anything they could. Like Sif.

They all sat silently and returned their attention to the meal. Stark had ordered the meals before they had arrived at the restaurant, so Loki was eating venison. He still had the habit of calling him 'Reindeer Games' at the most inopportune moments. The meal wasn't bad. And the fact Stark had finally shut up was quite the bonus.

The others had all been slightly obsessing over the woman since she had shown up earlier that day, some more subtle than others. Loki mused over the turn of events. He had to admit, other than her obvious beauty that had so captivated Stark and Barton, there was something about her that... Intrigued him. Thor was more interested in the stories she could tell him of the past, Rogers in the stories of her travels. And they all wanted to know how Banner knew her.

Suddenly there was an ear-shattering crack in the other room. They could hear people screaming and a dust cloud was slowly floating through the door. The 5 Avengers stood as one and moved quickly towards the door, Thor leading the charge. Loki trailed behind, as experience had proved that Thor wasn't the brightest when it came to assessing fights.

As the dust cleared, they saw the carnage that had been caused. A female, armoured in gold, was standing triumphantly over the struggling form of Fox Summers.

"Shit." Stark exclaimed, speaking into his bracelet. "J.A.R.V.I.S, deploy the armour."

Banner went to turn into his 'Other', but Rogers stopped him.