Roll The Dice

(A/N: you know I love you guys right? Not in that way, but I just don't think writers give all of you enough credit. Without you, WE ARE NOTHING! So, thanks. And I like taking screenshots of the reads when they get to funny numbers, or milestones like 50, 100 or 500 reads.)

"Congratulations, Thor!" Bruce smiled.

"That's wonderful!" I grinned, clapping my hands together. I'd never met Jane, but I had to admit, she is a very lucky woman.

Stark clapped him on the shoulder. "I think a bottle of champagne is in order!"

Thor was beaming. "Thank you my wonderful friends, I hope you will-"

My phone vibrated on the kitchen counter. It then started playing 'Black Cat' by Mayday Parade, which was quite depressing considering the situation it interrupted. Clint threw it to me and I caught it in one hand. I answered it and walked to the other end of the room.

"Hello?"

"Darling I hope I haven't caught you at a bad time..." Came the voice from the other end of the line.

"No Emma... It's ok. We're just celebrating Thor's engagement." I sighed.

"Congratulate him for me. I shall make sure I find something suitable to send as a wedding gift from all the X-Men." She said absently. She had something to say that couldn't wait and she was pissed I was off-topic.

"Sure." I said, readjusting the ice on my ribs. "So, what's up? You said you wouldn't call unless it was urgent."

"Did I? I've been so distracted recently. Any who, I've decided that you are coming to the Institute for open night this Saturday. Just on a whim. I hope you haven't made plans for anything else, darling."

"Not that I know of..." I trailed off.

"Not that it would've mattered. I was going to force you to come anyway. I thought it would be a lovely opportunity to reunite a family of sorts!" She said happily. "Scott saw you leaving the other day. He was asking about you, so I've told him I would introduce you on Saturday. Isn't it wonderful?"

There was a thunk as a champagne cork hit the roof. The guys started to cheer, Tony pouring everyone a glass. Steve walked over and handed one to me. I smiled and mouthed a 'thanks'.

"Eh, better late than never, I guess. And I was thinking about talking to him the other night."

"It's fate, darling. So I shall see you at seven o'clock sharp on Saturday, yes? Otherwise I shall have to have dear Kurt come and collect you, and I know how much you hate teleporting."

"Yes, Emma! I'll come!"

"Excellent. Bye, darling." She said contently, hanging up before I could reply.

I muttered some swear words incoherently, then shrugged to myself. I chucked my phone on the coffee table and had a mouthful of champagne. How the hell do you explain to someone that you're not dead and tried to call them but just was in too much danger 99.9% of the time for those calls to be successful? Honestly.

"Well you look flustered." Bruce said as I walked back over to join the guys. "Who was that?"

"Nobody important, just an old friend." I shrugged.

"I heard you organising a rendezvous. Who was it, because they sounded very enthusiastic for you to get together with them. Secret boyfriend?" Tony grinned evilly.

"No." I stuck my tongue out at him. "It was Emma Frost, if you must know."

"You keep interesting company." He mused.