"You did what now?"

(A/N: I have just realised just how long I could drag this thing out for.

I also know how annoying it is when you're reading a fanfic and you're just thinking "HURRY UP! WHERE'S ALL THE ACTION/SEX/DRAMA/DEATH/EXPLOSIONS!?"

And my answer to that is I don't really know. I don't plan. Ever. My teachers will tell you how much of a fault that is. I find it easier to write that way. So I guess what I'm saying is that shit could go down anywhere. It depends what kind of mood I'm in. Also if I'm listening to music, that influences me as well.

So, the action will probably be in the next chapter or two, the sex could be in three or four (note the word 'could'. As I have no idea if I'm going down the relationship route yet. eh, maybe), the drama in this one, the death thrown in there randomly and an explosion here and there. So don't really have expectations. This is improv. Anything could happen. Except Fox hooking up with Bruce. He's just friend zoned in this. I'M SORRY! And Jeremy, if you're still reading this, GO AWAY! *deathstares*)

There was a knock. I groaned and pulled my pillow over my head.

"Go awaaaaaaaaay..." I yelled as I heard the door open.

"Come on, sleepy. Fury's waiting for you to haul that sexy arse of yours upstairs. He won't say anything to the rest of us till you do."

"Fuck off, Stark."

"Hey, I'm not IN your room."

I sat up and yawned. He was leaning on the door frame, arms folded across his chest.

"Y'know, if my brain wasn't still half-asleep, I would've killed you for that comment about my butt." I stood up and ran a hand through my bed hair.

"You're all talk." He grinned "Otherwise you would've ripped my head off the minute you got here."

True story. "But that would've been insulting your hospitality. Love the view, by the way." I tilted my head towards the window.

"Best room in the tower, apart from mine of course. But don't tell the others that." He winked. "Now come on. I want to hear what Fury is gonna say. Probably aliens."

I shrugged. "Better than irradiated flying jellyfish, I guess."

"But not as cool as a giant flaming robot of death." He replied as we got into the elevator.

I yawned again. "Or a giant ice monster."

He gave me a look. "Har-di-ha. Although with the weather we're s'posed to be having this week..."

I'm still half asleep when we walk into the kitchen. I stifle a yawn as I say hi to everyone. Fury is not amused.

"Glad you could finally join us, Summers."

"You don't sound glad." I mumbled.

He ignores my comment. "Alright Avengers, what has Summers told you about the woman that attacked you at the restaurant?"

"Everything..." I sing. I need a coffee. Otherwise I'm gonna start singing whatever song comes into my head.

"She's given us a debrief, sir." Steve says. He doesn't even look tired. Why do these people never show any signs of fatigue? I stifled another yawn.

"Well I'll get straight to the point then." Fury stated. "Over the past 3 months, we've been monitoring airports for any suspicious flags against passengers, mainly female. In this file," Fury tapped the brown paper folder on the table "are the women who were pulled up because they set off the metal detectors. All were searched thoroughly and no metal objects, weapons or otherwise, were found concealed on their persons. But after the searches, they still set off the machine. They all then produced a doctor's certificate, explaining they had a metal plate in one of their limbs. Funny thing is, the certificates were all signed by the same doctor. And these women were from all over the globe, trying to get into the country through the same airport. La Guardia. Authorities originally thought the machine was faulty, but we knew better. Take a look." He slid the file along to the other end of the table. Stark caught it and opened it, taking out a number of photos of different women. He flicked through them.