Taylor

It was July and things were quite cozy between Jace and I. We didn't really interact at work...I mean not in front of people. But he was spending the night like twice a week. I liked when he would spend the night. It wasn't overwhelming. It was perfect. I had someone to hold me in there arms, make love to me, and laugh with. Then he would go home with all his problems. He wasn't my boyfriend, so I still had all my freedom. I didn't have to carry him on my hip. Skai was still in the picture, but so was Corbin. I mean we were using protection, so I wasn't pressuring him to do anything.

In fact I was taking today off because my twin nephews were turning 8. My brother in law was taking the cheap way out, pool party and bounce house, when my nephews asked to go to jump zone. It wasn't like they couldn't afford it. I was aunt so I was going to take him after some me time.

I went to my favorite little spa and salon. I got a hair trim and pedicure. Then my eyebrows threaded. And for the grand finale and bikini wax with some bleach. I don't know if Jace noticed my even and smooth skin down there, probably not. But I was happy it was nice and well kept. He certainly would have to make up lies to tell someone something bad about me.

I left the salon around 1 and my nephews actual party started at 4. I swung by my sisters and she was in the doorway with my nephew on her hip, Spero. He was getting so big, and he had so much hair. I kissed his little face and held him in the foyer of her gigantic home.

"I stopped by two nights ago." My sister said blinking as if she knew something more to her statement.

"I'm normally at home." I said swaying with my baby nephew.

"I know, that's why I stopped by to tell you Koren is cheating on Jewels."

"Again." I said almost dropping my nephew. Koren and Jewels was my brother in laws baby sister and her husband. My sister and I didn't have much family. My mom had us and that's all I really know. I mean, Papi was all we had. My sister doesn't remember much, or so she says. Jeff took his son and pushed Ren and Rook into me.

"Please bring them back, on time." He said. "Please don't feed them too much. I've got enough junk food coming." He said smiling at me.

I looked to my sister, I wonder if she saw something. Me and Jace did get carried away sometimes. I tried to think about what happened the other night. We were in the living room. Oh well. I turned to her.

"We'll talk at the party." She said dismissively, but not harshly.

I refocused my energy to Ren and Rook they were so cute and overjoyed as we jumped on the trampolines together. I was horrified of heights and really hated trampolines when I was little but here I was, I would do anything for my little guys. They were cute as buttons. Jeff was worried about them eating too much crap, but they weren't even worried about food. They just wanted to jump. We jumped the entire, 2 hours. I had to rush them back to their house. We argued all the way to their party.

"Listen Tay, we could have stayed there and let everyone have fun at the party." They said as if they were telling me life changing advice.

"But we're here now. So be nice." I said helping them out of my sisters truck.

They walked into the backyard with long faces and my sister and brother in law wanted to know what happened. But just as I was telling them, the twins darted to the oversized bounce house.

"Nothing." I said going over to the food table. I was starving I hadn't had anything since this morning. I got grilled corn, some baked beans, wow, was that pork chops, yes, I thought as I dropped it onto my plate. I grabbed a slice of watermelon, and a cup of sweet tea. My sister watched me as I ate.