Taylor

I stood outside of Jace's apartment, he didn't stay with me very long, about a month or so. I thought he would stay for 6 months at a minimum. That was me having realistic expectations. But in my fantasy, he would fall madly in love with me and we would be together. Corbin would just have to accept that he couldn't live without me. But, in reality he could. In fact he only needed me like once a week, I had fallen for him so quickly that I just accepted whatever he dished out to me, as long as I could keep seeing him. I was here on Sunday's, he liked me on Sundays.

He liked watching a game and then me and him together. I always made food or ordered something, that I brought to him. Everything was about him. We only talked about what was at hand, we never went into the past or talked about the future. Hell, he didn't even like to plan dates ahead of time. Sundays were for football, taking me on a date according to him was corny. We didn't need a date we were closer than a restaurant asking each other questions about our life. I wanted to get to know him better than sex.

I was a ball of raw emotions that was one question away from being triggered into explosion. I knocked again and the door finally came open. He was in his work shirt. It was open exposing a brand-new tattoo.

"Whoa...Taylor what are you doing here?" he asked closing the door quietly. It was Sunday he texted me today to meet him here around 9, here I was. I felt as if I would cry so I kept quiet and let my anger change my devastation on my face to complete disgust. I wasn't going to play games with this guy. I dropped his food order on the ground and headed toward the stairwell. "Taylor." He said through his teeth so his guest wouldn't hear.

"Fuck you Jace." I said loud enough for him to hear.

"You don't mean that you're just angry." He said leaning over the stairwell. I looked up at him and I wanted to spit in his face. I flipped my middle finger up and kept going down the stairs.

"Jace." A stupid female said loudly. Most women would have wanted to make themselves known but not me. That slut would never know who I was, fuck her and him.

I got home stripped out of my clothing, stripping down to his favorite red lace balcony bra and red lace thong. I took them off and shoved them into a drawer. My phone alerted me to a text, and I ran to it. It was Dustin, he wanted to go to lunch. I agreed. He was someone I would pursue. I had enough of Jace's pretty boy bullshit. He only thought of himself. Dustin would take me seriously and want a real relationship. He would cherish me. He worshipped me in high school. He was fatter now, why wouldn't he be in love with me. Jace would die or shit his pants finding out I would rather date a fat sloppy nerd.

Jace was so arrogant he just knew I would be desperate to replace him. He would think I would show up with some blonde rejected version of him. But I didn't even like blondes and I damn sure didn't like assholes in my life. I looked at my phone again. I was expecting something funny from Dustin, but it was just Jace telling me that he sent his friend away and that he wanted me to come back. What a turd...I didn't give a shit. I put my phone down.

I thought about what I would wear, that would drive Dustin insane and that would make him fall in complete love with me. I would grow to love Dustin since he would be treating me so well. But my mind drifted to Jace. Why didn't he ever wanna talk about the past or the future with me. Why was I such a toy? Why had he concluded that he could treat me like shit? I never wanted him to leave his girlfriend and be with me. I never planned for any of this shit. I just wanted hot sex. I've never thought of any consequences.

I didn't think of all the feelings I would develop. I thought he would leave before I could really feel something. Now I'm super desperate for him to give me more than the piece of him he was offering. I could hold him, I could have him inside of me, I could taste him, but I couldn't call him if I was in trouble. On nights when I missed him, I couldn't ask him to leave his bed to hold me. I wanted to hear about his fears, I wanted to know how his day went. But I wasn't worthy enough for any of that. And I was so stupid that I just took it. I let tears stream down my face, and I turned over as I realized, how unimportant I truly was to the person I loved the most.