Life is a huge lie | Arthur Fleck

I was asleep until I heard a thudding noise; I frowned and stood up to see what was Arthur doing!

I slowly walked towards the kitchen and stopped at my tracks and slowly peeked through the kitchen door.

My eyes widened; I gasped quietly as I saw the kitchen completely destroyed. The blue light was flickering the room up; my heart dropped.

Where was Arthur?

"Arthur?" I asked as my voice broke

I heard sobs coming from the fridge?

I opened the fridge door slightly and saw his body stuffed in the fridge.

"Arthur?" I cried as I saw what kind of state he was in.

"Go...away!" He yelled

He had no shirt on, only a pair of shorts, I shook my head and slowly helped him out. His body was cold, I shut the fridge door and managed to get him onto the bed.

I got out warm socks and put those on and all this time he was continuously sobbing.

I helped him get dressed into warmer clothes.

"Arthur what's wrong?" I asked as I tried to hold back my tears

"M-my whole life is a l-lie" he cried

"What do you mean? Who lied?" I asked as I stroked his brown hair

"Y-you know I-I-I'm adopted right?" He said as began laughing painfully.

"Arthur please" I said as I helped him calm down.

What he said made my heart drop; was he telling the truth?

"A-Arthur how do you know all this?" I asked

"I saw it...I saw it in a file" he growled
"File?"

"The file belonged to that god awful Arkham Asylum!" He screamed as he stood up pacing around the room

"She lied to me, she she lied!" He cried as he picked up the lamp and threw it against the room.

I stood up and ran up to him and hugged him.

"Arthur I-I'm so sorry" I said as I buried my head into his chest.

"Do you ever know what it's like to be someone like me?" He whispered as he placed his hand against the side of my face