Sympathy for the Devil | Arthur Fleck

{ requested by littlepotato15 💘 enjoyyy❣️}

There was a knock on the door; I wanted to ignore it so bad because I was too busy cleaning up after Arthur's mess.

He literally left all his face paint brushes and items on the floor, scattered...

"Okay! okay! Hold on" I groaned as I made my way towards the door and opened it to find two police officers standing in front of me.

"Mr Fleck around?" One of them asked

"No...why? I-is everything o-okay?" I asked nervously as I felt my heart pound louder.

"We have some questions to ask Arthur due to the murder of his mother, Penny Fleck"

"M-m-murder?"

"Didn't Arthur tell you?"

"No" I cried

"When he comes please make sure you call us" they said as they walked off.

My heart shattered...I didn't know who or what to believe anymore...I felt clueless.

After 2 hours Arthur knocked on the door; I flinched.

I opened the door to find Arthur dressed as Joker.

He walked in and laid on the sofa.

I was utterly terrified at this point.

"W-why didn't you tell me?" I asked as I stood my ground

"Tell you what?" He replied as he lit his cigarette

"Your mother passed away?" I asked

He looked straight at me and stood up and walked towards me, he began laughing hysterically.

"You're so funny" he laughed

"This isn't a Joke! Joker!" I yelled

He continued laughing but harder this time, almost sounded dead painful.

"I can't!" I cried as I walked towards the home phone and dialled 999 before I could click call Joker snatched the phone and smashed it to the ground.

I backed far away afraid of what he might do next.

He ran towards me and held me close against his chest.

"Don't even think about it" he growled into my ear.

"What did you do?" I whispered
He smiled

"I did what I had to do"