Just like me | Arthur Fleck

I was in the bus...minding my own business. I sat there quietly playing around with my long hair and looking out of the cold glass window as the side of my face was pressed against the window. I realised that the the bus had stopped on my location. Before I pressed the bell I quickly fixed my dress and got off. As soon as I arrived home I locked my door from behind and made my way towards my bedroom. I sat there thinking...I just ruined my 5th date today. Every time I come across a man who I find attractive and then finds me attractive...I think yay finally I've found someone. But they always step back when they find out about my condition. I have a condition called "Pathological laughter". This is a condition defined by relatively uncontrollable episodes of laughter, crying or both. The episodes either do not have an apparent motivating stimulus or are triggered by a stimulus that would not have led the subject to laugh or cry prior to the onset of the condition. For an example my date was telling me that he got fired from his workplace I felt bad but then my laughter just swirled out. I couldn't help it. By the time I took my card out...he left.
The next day I was coming back from work; it was cold outside, the breeze scratched past my legs. I shivered. Finally I walked fast enough to reach into the train station. I got onto the train and began reading my book. A guy stumbled on...he was drunk. I was really hoping that I wouldn't do anything...I didn't know how to handle myself...if anything. He began constantly calling me babe and bird and all these names. I just ignored. Until I got up and walked over at the end of the train. I was a couple of seats away from a man...dressed as a clown...never mind that I thought to myself. Until the guy said "oh she's gone man" I began laughing hysterically. I didn't want to I was fuming but I just started and I didn't know when I would stop. Then I ended up coughing and I began patting myself on my chest. Thank god I quietened down. The guy started getting angry. The man in the clown costume began laughing...at first I thought was he making fun of me? But then he was actually coughing too and stopping himself. The drunk head just got off. I walked over to the guy in the clown costume and sat beside him. He couldn't stop laughing. He then took his card out.
I took my card out too. He's eyes widened. He slowly stopped laughing.
"You're just like me?" I questioned
"yeah" he smiled
"Now I don't feel like the odd one out" I smiled
"I thought I was the only one in town who had this" he smiled

{requested by ParkYoonMei }❤️