Mario Kart -Michael

An: requested by the lovely Sprinting_Ginger who is an amazing writer and you should check out her Ash & Cal books!

"Mikey, are you almost done with your game? I wanna play!" You asked as you fell over the back of the sofa so that your legs still dangled over the top and your head was adjacent to his lap.

"Yeah, babe." He said moving his headphone mouthpiece away from his face for a moment. "Five minutes tops then I'll play something you know how to."

"Yay!" You said using your legs to pull yourself back over the couch and making your way to the kitchen. While he finished his game you found all of his favorite snacks in the kitchen and fixed a plate for the two of you to share. You grabbed a cracker off the plate as you carried it back to the game room.

"Oh fuck yes, Snacks." He said grabbing a handful of chips from the tray and shoveling them into his mouth. "Thank you." He said leaning over to kiss your cheek quickly before returning his attention to the game in front of him. You watch in amusement as he stares intently at the screen unaware he's yelling as his frustration grows and he's finally defeated. He exits the game returning to the systems main menu before turning his head to take you in.

His eyes sparkle in amusement as he sees you laughing at him.

"What?" He asks, his own voice coming out as a laugh.

"You're just cute while you're playing. You get so into it, it's entertaining to watch."

"Well I'm glad I can entertain you."

"It's almost like it's your job." You say your voice light and the humor evident in your voice.

"Oh, you think you're funny, do you?" He asks leaning over positioning himself so his face is mere inches from yours.

"And what if I do?" You ask teasingly. He bites his lips and shuts his eyes, poorly contained laughter rumbling from his chest. He presses his lips to yours and you hum into his kiss before shoving him lightly on his shoulders.

"Ready to get your ass beat, Clifford?" You smirk.

"Oh, you're on. Pick your poison: Fortnite or Mario Kart?"

You dramatically cut your eyes to him. Has he met you? He throws his hands up in surrender and moves away to get the game ready.

"Think fast!" He says chucking a controller in your direction. You snatch it from the air and pull it to your lap clicking through the game options until it's ready to go.

The game starts and you and Michael both get entirely swept up in it. Within seconds you're both yelling at the screen and using you bodies to try and steer your on screen karts.

"You asshole!" You cry as Mikey uses a red shell on you causing you to fall behind three positions in the game.

He laughs and your face scrunches in concentration. You hit a speed boost and you're closing in on him he bites his lip getting nervous. The finish line comes in sight and you attack him with a shell before speeding across the line to victory.

"Yes!" You scream standing. "In your face." You gesture animatedly at him.

He stares at you then, something gleaming in his eyes before he speaks. "I love you."

"Wh-what?" You asked, your eyes shooting up in surprise. "Y-you—but—and" you struggled for words and your rambling only went downhill as his face fell at your reply, or lack thereof.

"It's—it's fine. You don't have to say it back." He said suddenly becoming flush and looking anywhere but your eyes.

"No—Mikey. Fuck, I'm blowing this." You said moving to sit in front of him and bring your hands up to his face. "It's just we've never said it. It threw me off. Michael, you have to know, I love you too."

He breathes out a heavy sigh as he slides his hand behind your neck and brings your lips to his. Your heart squeezing in your chest with the knowledge that Michael Gordon Clifford loved you.

An: requests are open! Message me!