Shopping - Michael

Thank you to @joosina for the request!

"You sure it alright if I come?" Michael asked you as you loaded into the car with you mom and sister.

"Of course love, I'm not superstitious or anything and I want you to like my dress as much as I do." You responded, intertwining your hands together run the back seat of the car, your engagement ring sparkling in the sun light.

"As long as you're okay with it." He said, giving your hand a reassuring squeeze.

You arrived to the bridal shop a short twenty minute car ride later. The four people of your party stepping through the doors to immediately be greeted by the sea of white surrounding you.

"Fuck. I didn't know they're could be so many different versions of a white dress." Michael said with a laugh.

You were a bit overwhelmed by the selections but you didn't get far in browsing on your own before the consultant approached you to begin your appointment.

You detailed the things you thought you wanted in your wedding dress and she ventured off to select a few for you to try on while you returned to the rack to pick a few of your own.

When you'd piled up ten dress to try on you headed for the dressing room.

"Babe, wait. Try this one." He said holding out a fit and flare dress with lace and a beaded bodice. It wasn't what you had envisioned but you smiled and took the dress anyways, kissing his cheek before following after the consultant to begin the try on process.

The next hour was spent laughing at the ridiculousness of some of the choices including the poofy princess dress you had expected to love but felt ludicrous in.

You were beginning to give up hope when you slipped into the one Michael had chosen.

When the consultant zipped you in to the dress it was instant, you just knew. Just like you had known with Michael.

You were brought to tears as you stared at the dress you knew would be the one you married your best friend in.

"Can um, can you go ask my fiancé to step out? I thought I was okay with him seeing the dress but, I don't think I want him to."

She smiled at you and nodded before vanishing to do as you asked. When she returned she placed a veil in your hair and helped you out to the pedestal in the showroom where your mom and sister waited anxiously.

You weren't even fully situated on the platform when you looked back and saw your mother already in tears.

"This is it, yeah?" You asked her and she nodded enthusiastically.

"Do I get even a little sneak peek before tomorrow?" Michael asked, pressing a kiss to your bare shoulder as you packed your bag for your bridal suite. It was hard to believe that after nearly two years of being engaged tomorrow you would be able to call the most amazing man you'd ever known your husband.

"Nope. No peeking. Okay, I have all my things for the hotel. Have Calum call my sister with any issues and I'll see you tomorrow at five. I'll be the one in white." You smirked and leaned forward, your lips meeting his and moving in on entry for a moment before his tongue ran across the seam of your mouth and slipped in to deepen the kiss.

"I love you."

"And I love you. I can't wait to be Mrs. Clifford.

You shook off your nerves as your sister grabbed your hand. Your hair and makeup has just been finished and it was time to do your first look so th Michael.

"Hey." Your sister said, gripping your hands and giving you a smile. "Don't be nervous. He's so perfect for you and he loved you so much."

You hugged her tightly before letting her help you out to the garden where Michael waited for you.

You bit your lip and watched with humor in your eyes as Calum pulled his prank, pretending to be you only to be stood there wearing an old wedding dress you'd found on eBay.

"Oh, fuck off!" You heard Mikey laugh before taking his best friend in a hug. They spoke softly for a moment before Michael was directed to look away from where you were hiding and it was finally your turn to see him.

Every step seemed to take forever as you crossed the twenty feet that separated you from him.

Your hands shook as you lifted your hand to tap his shoulder, the only sounds the racing of your heart and the soft click of the photographers camera shutter.

He spun to face you, his hand immediately flying to cover his mouth and his eyes becoming watery.

"Babe, you look...you look fucking perfect." He said, his voice choked up.

"Recognize this?" You asked gesturing down to the dress and it seemed to hit him.

"That's the one I picked?" He asked surprised and you nodded, your grin wide.

"Fuck I've got good taste." He leaned forward and kissed you, whispering in your ear. "As fantastic as it looks on I can't wait to see how it looks on the floor later."

His cheeky grin widened as your cheeks flamed.

He spun you back to him and kissed you once more.

"I love you. Let's do this." He said, pressing his forehead to yours before being led away to finishing preparing for the actual ceremony.

An: short and soft.

I hope you loved it 🖤
Sav