20: Misunderstandings and patch up

Avneet was sitting and waiting on a stool holding a cotton pad on her finger from where they had tested her blood. She watched them check it, she was eagerly waiting for them to finish. One of the doctors turned to her and smiled.

"It matched, would you like do donate?" He asked with a grin, Avneet immediately got to her feet.

"Of course" She said at once, they made her sit on a chair opposite to a nurse. She tied belt on her upper arm and drew blood, which seemed a lot to Avneet. Siddharth had lost two and half liters of blood so it was nothing compared to it. After drawing blood, they gave her an apple to eat and asked her to go.

She was happy that she was asked to go back to college because she couldn't face Siddharth. The guilt which Avneet was carrying was too much. As soon as she went to sitting area, they were relieved to see the bandage on her arm. Lucky and Bhavesh got to their feet to drop her to college, others were staying.

She reached the college and watched the boys drive off back to hospital again. She pursed her lips and went inside, she reached to her room. People had shot her weird looks when she passed the corridor. Avneet laid down on the bed. She was staying with Jannat for a while because she didn't have the courage to face Siddharth.

She was dead angry at Riyaz and that group but wasn't in the mood for any fight or violence.

***

Siddharth was conscious but no body was allowed to meet him. Ritika composed herself Manjul was there holding Ritika, Jannat was consoling Bhavesh as he also felt guilty now. According to him he should've been with him. Everyone was busy blaming themselves. Ritika was guilty because she had left him alone. Bhavesh was guilty because he didn't punch Riyaz when Avneet had come saying that Siddharth cheated on her.

They left the place as the doctor said Siddharth will be discharged tomorrow, the injuries were not that critical but they feared about the amount of blood loss.

The group left for college, there was silence and disappointment on their faces. Ritika was about to kill Priya with a fork but Manjul stopped her. Riyaz totally disappeared, Manjul and Lucky had gone after him to beat him up but he was vanished, totally nowhere to be seen so everyone just turned back to their rooms.

***

Morning came, Ritika was getting ready Jannat was on Ritika's bed waiting for her in her room, Bhavesh and Manjul were already outside campus they arranged for a car to get Siddharth from the hospital

Ritika was done so came out with Jannat, she was without makeup after an eternity people were pretty shocked but she cared less. They walked out and joined the boys.

Avneet was still guilty so she didn't join them nor did they ask her to. Ritika gave her threatening glares every time she saw her Jannat was too angry at her now. She felt disturbed and locked herself in the room again.

The group reached the hospital and entered, they walked to Siddharth's room where they found Siddharth getting lectured by the doctor. They witnessed a change in his behaviour; usually he knocked the hell out of the person lecturing him with his arrogance but he wasn't the same this time. He was silently nodding at what the doctor was saying, they entered after a knock.

"We are discharging him but do tell his parents to look after him a bit" the doctor said before leaving, Siddharth face turned dull as he was already missing his mom, he didn't meet her in so many days. He looked around hopefully searching for Avneet but she wasn't there.

"Bhai you are an absolute idiot, you scared the shit out of me! What the hell is wrong with you?" Ritika ranted, Siddharth opened his mouth to say something but he was cut off.