21: Light of my life

Siddharth and Avneet rushed out of the college and mounted his bike. Siddharth was riding it on full speed, Avneet could object but this was serious so she just clutched onto him while he rode on full speed.

They reached the house Siddharth ran inside the house to his mom's room followed by Avneet. He opened the door and what he saw was enough to shatter him inside. The servants were there, the nurse was on the bed crying, his dad standing with his are. Hooked to his second wife and a most shattering sight which could break any strong man: a body lying on the bed covered with the blanket.

He took slow steps towards it and sat on his knees beside the body. Avneet slowly followed him and sat down with her hand on his shoulder.

"Siddharth she is .." His father trailed of finding words to speak to his son. The son he never really loved, but he still cared for his feelings.

"She is simply dead" Vrushali spat coldly

Siddharth ignored how she said it. His heart was racing, they were all lying. She couldn't leave him like this! She would never leave the son she loved dearly. The nurse moved forward and uncovered the face, removing the blanket.

Avneet's gut wrenched when she saw the pale and lifeless face of Radhika Nigam. Her grip on his shoulder increased, she held back her tears. She didn't want to cry in front of Siddharth, she wanted to be strong for him, she had to be there for him. Her eyes everted to Siddharth. Tears were unknowingly leaking his eyes while he stared at his lifeless mother.

Vrushali dragged her husband out of the room followed by all the servants and nurse. The nurse was crying violently she had built a bond with Radhika over the time but she was gone. Siddharth was crying, his eyes were squeezed shut. It seemed as if he was trying to wake up from a nightmare. It didn't take him long enough to realize that this wasn't just a bad dream.

"Mom " He said in an almost inaudible tone "M...mo....mom, listen to me please" He cried as he grabbed her hand. He sniffed and pressed her hand on his eyes "Mom wake up, wake up please" Said Siddharth as he shook violently. Tears finally started streaming down Avneet's cheeks she reached and touched his shoulder again. He turned to her "Avneet"

"Hmm" She said softly pressing his back

"Tell her to come back" He pleaded taking her hands in his "Please tell her to come back, she listens to you Angel! Remember? Remember when you told her that I meant no harm and she listened to you?" He said, Avneet couldn't wipe her tears away as her hands were locked in his and she was staring at him while controlling her sobs. There was intensity in his voice.

"Remember she asked if I would come back, I didn't. I could have hugged her a few times more" he said in a guilty tone as he sobbed again "I want her back Avneet, tell her to come back" He said bowing his head low, leaving her hands to bury his face in them. Siddharth shook with each sob. Avneet wiped her tears.

"Siddharth she...she cann..ot come ba..ck" She stammered more sobs came.

He sprawled over his mother's body, his breathe hitched as he violently cried over it, grieving over his fate. Avneet held him tightly for support.

"I want her back Avneet get her back , I beg you Avneet please" he pleaded sobbing and joining his hands, Avneet shook her head in a no.

"I can't" She whispered "I'm sorry"

"Mom..mo ...mom..ma please please come back, please, please" He said pleading and begging, his sobs grew his cheeks were wet so was the t-shirt "Avneet will she come back if I .." he paused while saying and snapped at her with a hopeful eyes "If I say sorry to everyone I have hurt, I will beg for their forgiveness even if I have to hold their legs will she come back then?" He asked getting out of control, he started taking deep breaths as it stuck every time due to the sobs.