26: Realizing things

Siddharth was already awake, he woke up early and took a walk to the grocery stores nearby, he had bought some instant food. He took a cup of coffee and sat beside the big window with his mothers sketch book, he felt a strange warmth to see them again he felt healed he didn't know what the emotion is called but it was a big time relief for him.

He turned the pages and revealed the very beautiful piece of picture his mother had drawn. He saw the drawing of pictures of the stream, pictures of birds flying and many more. Siddharth traced every outline she had drawn with her beautiful and creative hands. He smiled unknowingly and kept the sketch book aside.

Siddharth went to keep the cup in the small kitchen. He was washing the cup when his eyes landed on a big, dusty wooden box. Siddharth turned the tap off, dried his hands and opened the box. It brought many memories back, it had all the instruments his mother used play, sing and teach him. She truly was the greatest artist. And he was lucky to be her son. Siddharth closed his eyes an let the memories engulf him.

Flashback

Eight year old Siddharth sat on his play mat in the middle of the cabin. He was trying to play violin, but it was difficult for him to handle the stick, he kept messing chords. He got frustrated and kept the violin aside. He huffed and frowned staring at the trees from the window.

"Siddharth? Where are you?" Came his mother's voice

"Here mom!" He shouted, his mother descended the ladder and looked at him with a frown.

"Why is there little crease on your forehead?" She asked as she sat down beside him.

"It's nothing" He mumbled and looked away. He started playing with the fur of the mat.

"Well it got to be something because I was listening to your tries to play violin and now it's lying there and you're frowning" Said his mother with a raised eyebrow. Siddharth looked at her and sighed.

"I can't play it. I wanna play it like you do!" He said with another frown and looked away. Radhika turned him to face her, she lifted his face with her index finger then she kissed his forehead.

"Never give up baby, now pick up that violin" She said, Siddharth picked it up. Radhika made him sit on her lap then she placed the violin on his neck positioning it. He followed, she gave the stick to his right hand and placed his left fingers on the finger board.

"Now I want you to follow me" She said and Siddharth nodded. Radhika led his hands into producing music. He was a brilliant child so he caught it quickly. Radhika got him off the lap and went to music box. He played the same tune over and over again while Radhika pulled out a flute.

"Keep it that way, you're doing it perfectly" She praised him. Siddharth's face broke into a huge grin. She played along with him using the flute and they sat there playing instruments to ease their ears and sooth their souls.

Siddharth wiped his tears and took the dusty violin out of the box. He blew air on it. He took out the stick but the bow hair was broken. Siddharth dug deeper into the music box and took out the small box. He opened it and took one of the bow hair and replaced the old broken one. He played it for long recalling all of his memories.

After the music session he walked to the other side of the small house where they had made a wall full of painting they had made. It was the beautiful pictures his mother drew with some sloppy pictures he drew when he was young .

Flashback :

"Siddharth what are you doing on my hand ?" Radhika said as Siddharth painted her hands with white water color