28: Confession

Siddharth stood in front of the painting wall his mother and he made, he kept staring at them remembering every moment they had making them, every memory flashed in his mind. From the unconditional love from his mother when he was small the care the love to sudden sickness of his mother how he saw his mother getting sick day by day dying every moment.

How his father ignored him never really cared for him. From the first day of college from where he meet the best people of his life the best memories. To how from being a psycho falling in love with a girl so bad loving with all what he could afford but still being just a patient to her.

His eyes became teary remembering the moments he had with his Angel the best moments he will never forget, the happiest time of his life. He was free to go to his mother now.

He took a frame from the side wall that had a portrait of his mother he hugged it and kissed it keeping it back in place.

He switched on his phone and sat on the couch scrolling through the pictures with Bhavesh who became more than best friends just on the first day be it Ritika and her antics, Jannat's strictness fights with people there comes his Angels photos, he smiled as he saw a photo of her laughing, he kept looking at her pictures, he started the video he made on her birthday. Minutes passed him watching the pictures remembering each and every moment. He sighed and got up.

***

Manjul drove his sports bike on full speed. Avneets hair was flying back, in her hand was clutched the small envelope of the baby map. Manjul zoomed through the roads breaking all the traffic rules. But he could care less. His mind was flooded with possibilities of what Siddharth could do to himself. Soon Avneet could see the greenery. The campside forest was coming closer, she clutched onto Manjul tighter when he sped up even more. They finally came to a stop on the entrance. Avneet got off and took out the map.

"Come" She said to Manjul as she began counting steps.

"No" He said firmly. Avneet stopped the counting and turned to look at him he smiled and shook his head.

"You did this mess, it's your fault I want you to mend it on your own and I know you are the only one who can do it" He said softly with an encouraging smile etched onto his face. Avneet nodded and counted steps. At one hundred and fifty steps, she stopped and took a deep breath.

She looked at Manjul before entering the forest. She looked down at the stick drawn map. She had to find the stream so she started walking straight ahead. Someone, probably Siddharth had already cleared the path so it wasn't difficult for her to find the stream. Avneet walked along with it, she kept looking around to find the small sign board which was mentioned in the map and the pictures.

Avneet took out the picture and looked around for similar surroundings, the trees anything! Avneet walked until she finally spotted the sign board. She rushed towards it and kneeled down looking at it. It was old and almost broke while the one in picture looked brand new. She left the 'Home ahead' sign and walked. Her heart beat increased with each increasingly step she took.

Avneet's mouth formed an O shape when the crowned hexagonal cabin came in view. It was simply mesmerizing. She slowly took steps towards it until she reached the double door. It was slightly ajar so she pushed it open.

The sight before her was horrifying, a rope welcomimg to kill the person willing to commit suicide was hanging from the ceiling. Though it was empty. It scared Avneet to core, she immediately got on the nearby stool and pulled it off of its support. She looked to her right a ladder lead to the attic she climbed it and she came across most beautiful area. Avneet looked at the mattress and pillows. They seemed recently vaccated. She went back down and into the kitchen it was empty too. She came back in the main area and looked around. Where was he?