22: Walking Dead

Two days passed after Siddharth's mother's death, he didn't speak a word after that, he was expressionless , he wasn't eating, wasn't talking his blank expression was worrying them all. He was breath in but he wasn't alive, he was dead inside. It was suffocating for Avneet to see him like that, she tried talking to him but he wouldn't respond.

The sun just rose bringing another day. Siddharth who didn't sleep the whole night, got up and freshened up to go for a walk. Before leaving the room he looked at the sleeping figure of Avneet curled into a ball on his bed.

He went out and started walking. Throughout the college, he didn't hear a sound except his own shoes, it was pin drop silence nobody was awake yet. He reached the backyard of the college and sat at one spot still with blank expression, his eyes were watery now with a blink the drops fell on his cheeks.

He sobbed there silently, he wiped the tears as he heard footsteps of jogging, he composed himself and went back to the blank. Reem was jogging there she noticed Siddharth and walked toward him and sat beside him after a lot of hesitation.

"Hi" She said standimg behind him. He didn't respond but stared at one spot blankly. She called again with a press on his shoulder that got him back from the trance and he responded.

"Yeah?" He said snapping his head towards Reem.

'Are ....you okay?" She asked nervously he nodded his head "Okay" She smiled nervously. They fell into silence, reem kept looking at him, she felt bad for him. He suddenly broke the silence.

"See I know I have done a lot bad with you and i am really sorry about that" He said in one breathe in a guilt filled apologetic voice. She couldn't believe her ears, she was hallucinating for sure.

"Sorry? I- I dont think I heard you" She stammered in disbelief.

"I said I'm sorry" He repeated

"Really" Asked Reem. He nodded his head with a fake chuckle.

"Ah its okay" She smiled at him and went away. Siddharth heard her footsteps fading away. Siddharth was still sitting there staring blankly at the small red rose which was just starting to bloom.

Reem went away. She walked inside the dorms and found Jannat and Avneet walking she stopped them to have a talk.

"Hey Avnu hi Jann" She chirped.

"Hi" They replied in unison dully. Reem frowned at their dull greet.

"You two look sad" She said with a pout, they looked at her and sighed in unison.

"Yeah we worried about Sidd " Jannat said.

"Have you seen him somewhere? I can't find him since morning I woke up to an empty bed" Avneet said a little disturbed.

"Yeah he was at the back of college I saw him seating there while I went for a jog" Reem replied.

"I will go there then" Avneet said hurriedly ran away. The girl's eyes followed her as she ran.

"Umm what's up with her, man?" Jannat frowned when Avneet was out of sight.

"What?" Reem asked snapping her head in Jannat's direction.

"See she says she doesn't love him but she acts like he is the only person perfect for hr" Jannat said with an eye roll as she looked at Reem.

"Well ask her to make up her mind then she can't just keep someone hanging" Reem said and frowned at the piece of information jannat had just shared. Jannat nodded but then snapped at her.

"Why are you being so caring toward him?" Jannat asked raising her eye brow.

"Well, he said sorry for all what he did and I think I melted" Reem said and gave a smile.