27: "I love him"

Avneet walked back to her room after when that tiny realization had hit her. Things were starting to make sense. Why did she feel so lonely? Why was she missing him? Why couldn't she sleep without him around all questions had same answer. He treated her so well, he change himself, because a whole new person for her and what did she do? She pushed him away. She denied her feelings until it was so late that he left her.

Avneet closed the door of her room and stared at floor, breathing heavily. Her chest heaving up and down in a failed attempt to calm her down. Avneet finally got out of control she slammed the poor vase, available on the side table, on the wall. It made high pitched shattering noise, she flinched at it. She screamed and tipped the corner table, she started throwing objects here and there.

Why was she doing that? Well, two things. One that she missed him badly and two that she realized her feelings when it was too late. She messed whole room up and sat on the floor holding her head

"I love him" She mumbled inaudibly. She was startled, how low had that sounded "I love Siddharth" She said again, her breath started picking up. She took the stray shard and threw it on the wall.

"I LOVE HIM" She yelled on top of her lungs.

"I FUCKING LOVE HIM. I FULLY COMPLETELY LOVE HIM WITH ALL OF MY EXISTENCE" She cried out loud clutching onto her hair, she was pulling on it so hard that it might as well come off. She sobbed violently, it wasn't a treatment, maybe it was at first but that had converted into love and care, which she had developed for him over the time. Was she so ignorant that she ignored her feelings and named it as a treatment whenever somome called him psycho and she would rage at them, curse them or even beat them. Was she so negligent that she ignored her feelings when she couldn't bare a word against him?

She thought he was offending the beautiful meaning of love by claiming that he loved her. But little did she know she was the one doing it all along. She was offending the meaning of love by brushing it off, by not realizing it when it repeatedly hit her. Not once, not twice but multiple times. Avneet composed herself and stood in front of mirror.

She was messed up, her eyes were puffy and her nose all red. Tear marks were visible on her cheeks. She didn't wash her face.

"You have taken your happiness away from yourself, you deserve to suffer" She said to herself bitterly, looking in the mirror. She punched it and shattered it completely, her hand started to bleed. She held it with other hand and winced in pain. A shard had entered her hand, she pulled it out as she continued to wince and flinch in pain. She tore hem of her shirt and used it as a bandage for herself. She then washed her face and walked out of the washroom. She settled the things back to their places, cleaned the mess and took her mobile sitting on her bed. She dialed Siddharth, rings kept going but he wasn't picking up.

Avneet cursed herself and tried again. She wasn't giving up, she spent fifteen minutes continuously ringing him. He finally picked up. Avneet gasped when she heard his breath on the other side of the phone. Tears started flowing down her cheeks.

"S-siddharth?" She asked, no answer came, just his breaths.

"Talk to me please, where are you?" She asked

"Alive, don't call me again" He said and cut the call before she could say anything. She caught that shakiness which was in his voice when he said that. Avneet stared at her phone, she took it and left. She walked through corridor. A new terror of her was born. She couldn't find Ritika so she stopped a random guy and called him with a point of her finger.

"Where are Ritika and Jannat?" She asked firmly

"I-I saw them in back yard" He said, Avneet patted his back, pushed him away and left. The boy stood there completely frozen by terror. Avneet ran to the back yard, Jannat and Ritika were sitting there doing thier work. Avneet walked up to them, she hesitantly stood there infront of them. Jannat glared at her, Ritika didn't even bother looking at her.