тωσ

The next morning, Mark woke to a bright light burning his eyes. He groaned before moving to the side, out of the light of the sun, that was peering into the room through the curtains.

He looked around the room for a second before remembering that he was at Donghyucks house.

He rubbed his eyes and streched out before slowly standing up from the floor. He looked around the room again and noticed Hyuck swaddled by blankets in his bed. He chuckled at the sight, making the boy stir in his sleep.

Hyuck slowly fluttered his eyes open. He rubbed them and sat up on his bed. He jumped a little in his place when he saw Mark stood looking at him.

"m-m-Mark, w-what are y-you still d-d-doing here?" he asked as he fiddled with his hands, a blush rising to his cheeks. Though, he wasn't entirely sure why.

"we fell asleep last night while doing the assignment. I'm just going to leave now, I have football at one and it's already 11 so I'll help tidy up and then I'll leave" Mark explained before starting to tidy the mess of work they had made last night.

Donghyuck watched him for a few seconds before jumping off the bed to help him.

"a-at least w-we f-finished it" Hyuck giggled as the two finished up.

"yeah. I'll see you tomorrow at school" Mark smiled before walking out.

"y-yeah. B-bye" Hyuck smiled back before shutting the front door to his house.

Hyuck made his way into his lounge, slumping down on the sofa lazily. He sat for a moment before realising that the house was abnormally quiet for a Sunday morning. He checked the time again and saw that it was now half past eleven. His parents should be leaving to go to work for 10. Where were they?

He walked up the stairs and down the hall to his parents room. He knocked on the door and waited for a response. Five minutes later he decided to open the door and wake them up. But when he got in, there was nobody there. He sighed and started looking around the house for them.

When it got to about 12, he gave up looking and decided to make himself some lunch, with the conclusion that they must have left for work early.

Meanwhile, Mark was driving home. Blasting out some music while concentrating on the road. It wasn't until he got about half way home that he noticed the roads were unusually quite. So quiet in fact that the roads were completely empty, except for him. There were cars parked at the side of the road in in their parking spaces but none of them were driving. He also noticed there were no people walking anywhere either.

As he pulled into his front drive, he thought about how quiet everything was. He climbed out of his car and walked in through his front door. "Mom, Dad. Sorry I'm late" he shouted through the house while his small dog ran up to greet him. "hya pepper. Where's mom and dad?" he asked as he stood up from petting her to go look for his parents.

He looked around the house for a while, checking every room in the house, shouting for both his parents while doing so. He eventually gave up and decided to phone his dad to see if they had gone out.

He pressed the call button on his phone and waited for it to ring.

"Hello?" a voice said from the other side of the line.

"hey, dad I was just wo-"

"oh, sorry. Haha, Looks like I can't come to the phone right now. I'll call you later when I get the chance. Bye"

Mark sighed as the phone call ended. "dad, why are you so dumb?!" he sighed. He stared at his phone for a second and decided to try phoning his mom.