єℓєνєи

Sorry for not updating for a while. Haven't been able to focus.

🖖🏽I hope you enjoy this part🖖🏽

__________

Despite all their efforts, Hyuck was still ill for the next few days. Unfortunately, being stuck in bed did nothing good for his mental health. Over those days, he slowly started overthinking things. Everything that had happened. What was going on between him and Mark. Where everyone had gone. How much he missed people in general.

Yes, He had Mark. But at this moment in time, he wanted his parents and his friends aswell. Although many times in the past Hyuck had wished it was just him in the world, it would make life easier considering his anxiety. But now he wanted nothing more than for everyone to come back. Maybe this whole thing was his punishment for ever wishing those things. But then why would Mark be here? Maybe just to make him feel awkward. Or even to make him feel guilty for making someone else suffer as well.

Over the time he was ill, he started to feel more and more lonely and more and more useless. Every now and then Mark would have to head out to get some more medicine from the pharmacy that was luckily nearby, and in those times he would remain the same as when Mark was there.

After a few days of being ill Mark started to notice the weird behaviour from the younger. He used to be fun to be around, but now it just seemed as though he had shut himself out.

He would spend his day's staring into blank space. He didn't want to be anywhere near Mark, and the older was becoming genuinely concerned.

On his way back from the pharmacy he thought of what to do about it. He decided the best solution, for the time being, would be to just talk to the younger boy.

"Hey, I'm back. I got a few extra bottles this time, so I shouldn't need to get any more. How are you feeling?" Mark spoke as he walked into the younger's room with a carrier bag full of medicine in his hand.

In return, the younger didn't even flinch. He remained laying on his bed, staring at the ceiling above him, his head rested on a pillow and the blanket wrapped around him. It took Mark a moment to notice the red and puffiness of the smaller boy's eyes.

"Hey, are you okay?" Mark asked as he took a step closer to him. He watched as a single tear escaped down Hyucks cheek. "Woah, what's wrong?" He asked slightly faster, walking and sitting at the end of the bed. Hyuck sat up a bit and rest his back against the headboard. He took a deep breath in and looked up and Mark as a few more tears rolled down his cheeks.

"w-w-what if th-this is all m-my fault?" He asked shakily, taking in a deep breath after.

"what are you talking about? If what's your fault?" Mark asked, confused by the boy's question.

"W-w-what if it m-my fault everyone is g-gone? W-w-what if it m-my fault w-we are here?" he asked, using the blanket surrounding him to wipe away the tears that were now constantly falling.

"Hey, hey, hey, it's not your fault okay. Why would it be your fault?" Mark responded, pulling the younger into a hug.

"I, I used to w-wish everyone w-would just disappear. I w-wanted to be the only o-one left. I thought it w-would make life easier F-for me" Hyuck finished, sniffling into Marks shoulder where his face was now hidden.