тнιятєєи

The next morning Mark woke to the feeling of the younger's arms wrapped around him tightly. He looked down to see the boy shaking with his face buried into his chest, a slightly damp feeling seeping through his shirt. He briefly looked around the room before sighing. He laced his fingers of one hand into the boy's hair, wrapping a few strands around his finger as he twirled them. And with the other, he drew various shapes on his back. Hyuck soon drifted back off.

Mark stared at the ceiling as the boys grip slowly loosened and his breathing calmed down again. He looked down to see the boy now asleep. He felt a pinch in his heart as Hyuck's quiet sobs continued to play in his head long after the boy had stopped. He felt, now more than ever, that he had to protect someone. He felt as though it was up to him to make the younger forget about all the horrible things and make him think about the positive.

The two stayed in bed for the whole morning. After having fallen asleep earlier, Hyuck stayed asleep for about an hour, Mark watching as his head rose and fell with each of his breaths. When the younger boy woke, Mark knew because of the way he shifted on top of him, his grip tightening once again as he fixed the position of his head.

Both boys didn't start to even think about getting out of bed that morning. And even then it was half-heartedly.

Mark was the first to move, getting up and taking a hot shower to try and get some life into himself again. After getting out and changed, he walked into the bedroom to find Hyuck crying into a pillow again. He felt his already low mood drop again as he approached the boy, placing a hand on his back as he sat next to him. The younger didn't move. He just lay there, his face buried into the depth of the pillow as if he was looking for something inside of it.

"come on sunshine. Let me see that smile of yours" Mark sighed as he lightly traces circles on the boys back.

Hyuck flipped himself over and looked the boy dead in the eyes, "h-how am I supposed to s-smile when w-we are stuck in this, HELL HOLE!" he shouted, breaking down again, this time throwing his head onto Mark's shoulder.

The older wrapped his arms around the younger and held him close. He hated seeing the younger like this. He missed the cheerful and happy self the younger was before, that had now been taken over by the despair and rage inside him. He wanted his sunshine back.

"come on, let's at least get something to eat" Mark sighed, lightly pushing the younger to stand on the floor, standing after him. He connected their hands before leading the younger to the kitchen.

After grabbing a bite for breakfast, the two settled down in the living room. Mark sat on the floor, his back leant against the sofa as he started to sift through the other books they had brought home. On the other hand, Hyuck snuggled into a few blankets on the sofa and watched some movies.

After a few hours, Mark looked behind him to see Hyuck asleep with Pepper rest on his lap, asleep in a small ball of her own.

As he looked up at the boy he felt bad for everything that was going on. He wanted the boy to be happy again. He wanted for the two of them to get out of this hell hole as Donghyuck had put it. He wanted for them to get out of whatever this was. He wanted things to go back to normal.

Even though he was having a hard time with everything, he understood that the younger seemed to be handling it a lot worse. He understood why aswell. He felt bad, even if it wasn't his fault he still felt a glint of guilt every time he saw the younger in his current state. But in all his time of staring at the sleeping boy, he had come up with a way to hopefully make the boy smile again.

As he left the boy to sleep, he prepared everything he needed to put his idea into action. He was ready just in time.

It was around noon, when Hyuck woke up from his nap, he looked around and couldn't see Mark anywhere. It wasn't until he heard a clattering from the kitchen that he understood where the older had gone.

He slowly made his way into the room and found Mark stood, a basket in his hand. He was now dressed differently, now wearing a pair of black jeans and a blood-red long-sleeved shirt over a white top.

"w-w-what are you d-doing?" Hyuck asked, confused by what was currently going on.

"oh, hey. Well... I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me?" Mark asked with a shy smile.

Hyuck fiddled with the hem of his pyjama shirt for a few seconds before mumbling a response of, "I'm N-not sure I'm in the m-mood right N-now"

Mark looked at the boy. He understood what the younger meant. But if you thought he was going to give up that easily, well then, you my friend would be wrong.

"come on. Just come out with me and if you want to come home we can. I promise" he smiled, taking a step closer to the younger so he could cup his cheek with his hand.

Hyuck thought a little longer before giving a small defeated nod. "right, get dressed and I'll be ready by the time you're done" Mark smiled. Excited that the younger had agreed.

Hyuck slowly made his way upstairs. Taking a shower before putting on a pair of dark blue ripped jeans and a baby blue hoodie that was way too big for him. He sorted his hair, leaving it as the curly mess it was but arranging them a little.

He stilled down the stairs and as he reached the bottom he spotted Mark stood by the door waiting for him.

"You look cute" Mark smiled, being genuine with his compliment.

"Thank y-you" Hyuck blushed, hiding his cheeks with his hands that were covered by the ends of the sweater's sleeves.

"come on, let's go," Mark said, wrapping his arm around Hyuck's waist with one hand, so they could walk side by side, and holding the basket full of surprises in the other.

The two left the house at around 12:30pm. Little did Hyuck know, today he was going to be one of the luckiest people ever. And little did Mark know, today would be one of the most special days he will ever experience.

__________

Hello

It's almost the end of our story, two or so more chapters, I hope you are looking forward to it.

How do you think this will end?

Hope you have enjoyed the story so far😁

P.S. What do you think of my edit:

 What do you think of my edit:

😊👏🏼💚