тняєє

The next morning, Hyuck woke up first. He laid in his bed for a while before deciding that he was hungry.

He slowly made his way down the stairs and into the kitchen to make some breakfast. Not long after he started cooking, Mark trudged into the kitchen. Hyuck could tell he was still half asleep, given his zombie state.

"G-good morning" Hyuck sang cheerfully. Mark just grumbled and slumped himself onto one of the stools in the kitchen. Hyuck giggled and dished up their breakfast. He handed Mark a plate of pancakes and bacon before taking a seat next to him with a plate of his own.

The two continued to eat their breakfast in silence. Though it wasn't one that was awkward or tense. Instead it was comforting.

After finishing off and tidying up, the two got washed and dressed, ready to go grab the stuff Mark needed from his house.

From the second they left the house, Mark noticed how abnormally quiet the younger boy was as Mark drove.

"Hyuck, are you alright?" Mark asked, glancing at Hyuck to see if there was any response.

"y-yeah. I'm F-F-fine" Hyuck responded, his voice weak.

"are you sure? You don't seem fine" Mark added, turning back to glance at Hyuck again.

"I-I'm j-just th-thinking" Hyuck said, continuing to look out of the window. Watching the empty world pass him by.

"what ya thinking about?" Mark asked, this time keeping his eyes on the road as they neared his house.

"w-what if everyone r-really did just d-d-disappear? W-w-w-why are we th-the only ones l-left? What w-will we d-do if we are th-the only ones l-left? What if th-there are other p-p-people out there, feeling j-just as lost as w-w-we are?" He asked as a few tears casually tumbled down his cheek.

Mark thought about what the boy said. He was right. Were they the only ones and if so why? They were in silence once again as Mark pulled up in front of his house. The two climbed out of the car and walked up to Marks front door.

Mark unlocked the door but paused before opening it. "how do you cope with dogs?" he asked, turing to face Hyuck.

"um, it d-depends how B-big it is" Hyuck said as a worried expression passed over his face.

"it's only a small one. She won't hurt you, I promise" Mark smiled before slowly pushing the door open.

As soon as the two walked into the house they were greeted by the small dog, running up to them, yapping and bouncing. Mark smiled and bent down to pet her before picking her up and holding her out for Hyuck to pet.

"this is Pepper. She's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, I think" Mark chuckled as he remembered the countless times people asked him what type of dog she was and he didn't know.

Hyuck reluctantly held his hand out to pet the dog, who quickly pushed her head against it. Hyuck smiled as he stroked the dog that began panting to him. Hyuck giggled as Mark watched him. He looked cute interacting with the small animal. He didn't notice the small smile that tugged at his lips.

Hyuck looked up at the older and gave him a soft smile in return. "do you wanna hold her while I grab my stuff?" Mark asked, handing Hyuck the dog after he nodded.

Mark ran around his house, grabbing anything he might need. The two left the house with the dog in Hyucks arms and Mark dragging a few suitcases full of his things. He chucked them in the back of his car before climbing into the drivers seat. He looked over at Hyuck who was quietly playing with the dog that sat in his lap. He smiled and started the engine, pulling off and heading back to Donghyucks house.