fσυя

For yet another day, Mark was the first to wake. As he woke, he went to stretch out but was stopped by a weight on his chest. he looked down and noticed the small boy resting his head on Marks chest. At that moment Mark felt a flutter in his stomach and a spark in his heart. But why? Why did his heart feel this way? It cant be because of Hyuck. Mark is a boy. And a straight one for that matter. So why was Hyuck making his heart play like this. Mark sat and watched as the younger let out little snores from time to time. He hadn't noticed the small smile climb onto his face.

Soon after Hyuck woke up, stretching out and sitting up, breaking the older boys gaze. "mmm, G-good m-morning" Hyuck grumbled as he ran a hand through his messy silver hair and giving Mark a tired smile.

And there it was again. Marks heart started doing backflips in his chest, Making the older boy feel weak just from that one smile. Mark mentally cursed and smiled back at the younger. He quickly excused himself and went to take a shower.

Hyuck snuggled into the sheets of the bed and pouted to himself. He already missed the comforting warmth of the older. He was soon able to fall back asleep, despite the longing feeling he felt for Mark.

Mark showered and got changed before deciding to head down stairs. on his way he poked his head into the youngers room to see him hidden in a swarm of soft white blankets and pillows. He felt his heart burst which sent him back into reality.

"Hyuck, wake up. I'm going to make breakfast. Be downstairs in ten" He said softly, just about causing the younger to wake for a second time.

While cooking Mark was distracted by the thought of Hyuck when he first woke up this morning. it wasn't till he felt a hand whip the spatula from his hand, that he realised that he had been burning the egg in the pan on the stove in front of himself.

He looked down and noticed Hyuck saving the kitchen from being just as burnt as the now black egg in the pan. Hyuck giggled as he cleaned up the mess Mark had made and started to fry some eggs himself, instructing Mark to make some toast as he did so.

Soon enough the two had finished their eggs on toast and tidied up. The two then decided to head to the library to see if they could find any books on their current situation, or even anything that might tell them what was going on.

While there, they looked through several books and newspapers for anything about people randomly vanishing. At one point Hyuck found a pretty promising one about a girl who disappeared out of the blue in 1987. Unfortunately, they found another piece written in 1992 that said that she had run away with the love of her life that her father wouldn't allow her to marry.

As the two searched Hyuck kept getting quite close to Mark. And even though he didn't hate it, something kept telling the older to move away, And so he did. It got to the point that Mark couldn't even stand being anywhere near the boy because of the loud thudding of his heart making his head throb. Hyuck couldn't help but feel he had maybe done something wrong or pushed things a little too far as Mark walked out the main room unannounced.

Hyuck decided to leave Mark to himself and continued to look through the old newspapers that dated all the way back to 1721. When Mark walked into one of the computer rooms that were at the side of the main library room, he sat himself in a chair and threw his head into his hands. He sat for a while, clearing his mind a calming his beating heart. Whatever the younger was doing to him, it was driving him crazy.

The two avoided each other for the rest of the day. Only talking when they decided to leave. The walk home was silent. Neither spoke a word. Not about what they had found. Not about what their next plan was. Not even what they were going to make for dinner. Silent.

When they arrived home, Hyuck set down the few papers and books he had found that might be slightly useful on the coffee table in the lounge, before heading straight to the kitchen to start on their dinner.

Mark watched the younger silently. Trying his best to keep his heart at a steady pace. He hated this feeling. It wasn't normal so why was he feeling this way. He had only ever felt this way towards the few girls he had gone out with in the past and even then it wasn't as strong as a feeling as the one he was feeling right now.

While eating dinner, the room was once again engulfed in silence, both too scared to start the conversation, neither knowing how. Mark kept glancing at Hyuck who sat across from him, poking his fork into his food repeatedly. Mark sighed as he continued to eat his food. Hyuck too kept looking up at Mark, trying to see if he looked uncomfortable, which he did.

Mark sighed again, accept this time, loud enough for Hyuck to hear, looking up from his still full plate of food, "Hyuck, what's up?" Mark asked as he placed down his cutlery and focused on Hyuck.

"N-n-nothing" Hyuck muttered, continuing to poke at his food.

"Come on Hyuck. You've been off all day since we were at the library" He continued. Hyuck placed his own cutlery down as a tear ran from his eye. He squeezed his eyes shut and sighed.

"a-and you h-haven't?! Since at the library you have been avoiding m-me. Don't throw this back in my f-face" He cried.

Instantly Mark regretted what he said as his heart began to ache because of the boy sobbing before him. He watched as Hyuck stood up and walked up the stairs before shutting his bedroom door and locking it behind himself.

Mark threw his head into his hands and felt like curling into a ball of regret. Why did he have to ask Hyuck like that? Why couldn't he have just asked nicely? and Hyuck was right, Why did he have to throw it all in his face. It wasn't Hyuck's fault that Marks heart couldn't handle the boy's cuteness. Instead, he had to push himself away from the boy then blame it on him when it wasn't his fault at all.

Mark tidied up after dinner before making his way to his own room. As he lied down in the bed, he could hear the faint sobs coming from the room next to him.

In Hyuck's room, the small boy lied with his face buried into a pillow and one of his plushies hugged to his chest. He had the mass of blankets wrapped around himself. Right now all he could feel was the pain in his heart. He understood that he had pushed Mark a little earlier in the day, but he didn't know what he had done to make the other blame him for the silence between the two. All Hyuck wanted to do right now was talk to someone.

Anyone.

Anyone but Mark.

__________

HEY

So my mum and little brother got home today so everything should start going back to normal again.

Hopefully, tomorrows chapter should be longer.

What do you think of the story so far?

Thanks for reading

😊👏🏼💚