тωєℓνє

As Mark read over it a few times, his heart rate picked up. Could this possibly be the answer to everything going on? But everything felt so real. Then again, so did Marks dream when he was younger when he dreamt that if you drank orange juice you would turn into a vampire and the only way you could kill them was to kick them through the stomach with two feet.

He thought about it for a while and looked over to the younger boy. All of a sudden there was a glimmer of hope for the two. A way that everything could get back to normal. He slowly crawled over to the younger boy and lightly shook him to wake him up.

Hyuck grunted and slowly sat up. He wiped his eyes and looked at the older boy who was beaming down at him. "w-what?" Hyuck said with a small bit of happiness mixed with the confusion.

"I think I found something" He exclaimed, handing the book open to the correct page to the boy. Hyuck scanned over the page and looked up at Mark, still confused.

"w-w-what is this m-meant to mean?" he asked the older boy who smiled before explaining everything.

"it says that people commonly have dreams that seem realistic, even though they are physically impossible right," Hyuck slowly nodded so Mark continued, "I know its a long shot, but what if this one is related to ours" he pointed at the page to one of the passages, "it says that the people who dream it end up in a world with only certain people, and to wake up they have to complete the specific task that their brain desires them to, what if that's what's going on. I think we might be in our dream and we need to somehow find our way out. I think that's why we are both here" Mark finished. Looking down at the younger to see what his reaction to the idea would be.

Hyuck just read over the passage a few more times before looking up at the older boy. "m-maybe" he thought out loud. "but if it is a dream, w-why does it feel so normal? W-w-why are we getting ill and hurt? W-why do m-my emotions still attack m-me like they did before? If it w-were a dream, w-why is everything still so B-bad?" Hyuck asked as he looked down at the book.

" I don't know. But it's worth a shot. We can take the rest of the books home and look for another possibility later in time if we have to. But for now, I think we are both too tired to concentrate. Come on, let's go" He smiled weakly as he helped Hyuck off the floor.

They walked home, side by side. Mark carrying the books and Hyuck holding the blanket around himself to protect him from the cold so he wouldn't get ill again.

Once they arrived home, they went straight to Hyuck's room. Mark ditched the books on the desk by the window and climbed into the bed next to the younger, wrapping his arms around the boy and pulling him closer. It didn't take long for the two of them to fall asleep after that.

The next day they started cracking down on trying to figure out what it was they were meant to do to get out of this whole thing. They were so serious about this that they even made mind maps to try to explore every possibility.

After a couple hours, they had a checklist of all the things they could try to see if any of them would be their prize ticket back to normality. And so, for the remainder of the day, they were going to try every possible way they could before going to sleep, for what would hopefully be, the last time in this nightmare.

The two spent the rest of the day trying different ways that they could get out. From exploring new places in their town to helping an animal in need. By the end, they had checked off half their checklist.

They snuggled up into Hyucks bed and lay awake. Both too nervous that things hadn't worked.

"you awake?"

"y-yeah"

"what you thinking about?"

"everything. M-my heart is B-beating so fast"

"mine too. I hope this worked"

"m-me too"

"good night Hyuckie"

"good night Markie"

They both smiler at their new nicknames for a moment before falling to sleep full of hope.

But of course, things were never that easy.

The next morning, the two woke up, their body's still as close as they had been that night. Hyuck woke up first, full of hope. He looked at his clock to see what time it was. It was currently 7am. This meant that no matter what day it was, if everyone was here, his parents would still be home.

He quickly put a hoodie on over his clothes and ran down the stairs. He looked everywhere, hoping his parents would be somewhere. He was so caught up in hope that he failed to notice the dog that watched from her bed as the boy ran around.

He had been looking for fifteen minutes when he finally gave up. He had looked everywhere. He even checked outside and their cars were still there, yet they were nowhere to be seen. As were all the people who would normally be on the street. There wasn't a soul in sight.

He collapsed on the floor as his legs gave in from underneath him. His breaths uneven, his heart pounding in his chest. Tears flooded from his eyes as his hope was crushed. He felt a pair of arms wrap around him and he quickly buried his face into the owner's chest.

"Shhh, I know. It's okay though. We still have several things to try. One of them will work, or at least I hope they will" He said half defeatedly.

And so again, the two tried several things, learning something new to trying something they hadn't done in a long time.

By the time night fell, the two were exhausted. They had completed their list and both were filled with hope once again. They climbed into Marks bed this time, because they knew for sure, if they had fixed things, they would wake up in Hyucks room.

Once again, the two fell asleep, their limbs tangled as they searched for a sense of comfort in the other, eventually finding it and drifting away to a world they wished would be.

__________

YOLO

Sorry about that ^

And that^^^

Anyways...
What do you guys want me to write next??

Leave a comment and I will try go twist it into a plot of my own😁

Got to finish this first though so...yeah.

🖖🏽Thanks for reading🖖🏽

😊👏🏼💚