ѕєνєи

The younger boy woke to the soft light flooding lounge in which they slept. He climbed out from the sheets and into the chill of the morning.

His bare feet pressed against the cold hard surface of the wooden floor as he made his way to the kitchen. He ran a hand through his hair as he turned on the coffee machine, allowing the steaming liquid to flow into the cup below.

He removed the sky blue cup that was now filled with the dark caffeinated substance. Adding a splash of cold milk before placing the carton back inside the fridge.

He slid on a pair of soft and fluffy slippers and made his way to the door that led to the back garden. He opened it and instantly the cold breeze attacked his bare arms and blew strands of his hair in several directions.

The small ball of fluff that had been following him all morning bolted out of the door and started running laps around the garden.

He stood, letting the cold breeze hit his skin. Taking a sip from his coffee now and again. After standing for a while he heard someone enter the room behind him.

Mark walked into the kitchen with the blanket still wrapped around his shoulders, only his head, and hand visible as he began to make himself a bowl of cereal.

Hyuck rests his head on the door frame as he watched the boy traipse around the kitchen, the blanket trailing behind him as he walked to sit at the table.

Hyuck took another sip of his coffee before calling her into the house. He then walked into the kitchen and put some bread into the toaster.

Meanwhile, Mark ate his cereal, admiring every inch of the boy from across the room. Something about him was glowing today and it was making Mark's heart beat like crazy.

Half an hour later, the two boys still hadn't muttered a word to each other. They engaged eye contact briefly a couple of times. But each time they both averted their gaze to something else.

Mark was becoming more and more frustrated with the silence that was lingering between the two. Eventually, when realising Hyuck was never going to initiate the conversation, he decided to speak up.

"did you sleep well last night?"

"y-yeah"

"I'm sorry if I moved around a lot"

"y-you didn't"

"do you want to do something today"

This time Hyuck just shrugged his shoulders. Hiding his face behind his phone. This made Mark's blood boil. Why was Hyuck being so vague? It was one of Mark's biggest pet peeves.

"Why are you ignoring me?" Mark asked sternly as the younger was beginning to aggravate him.

"I'm N-not" Hyuck muttered.

"Why won't you just hold a conversation with me? Have Idone something wrong to make you not want to talk to me?" he asked, getting increasingly louder, causing the younger to become anxious in his position.

"n-n-no" he whimpered.

"Then what?! Just talk to me! Why, whenever we spend a night together, do we have to make things awkward?! I like you okay! I like you, a lot! You've made me question things I've never thought about before so why can't you just talk to me?!" he shouted.

Hyuck didn't respond. He just held his head in his hands as he body shook. Mark just sighed loudly and stormed up to his room, slamming the door shut behind him.

After a few minutes, Hyuck was able to calm himself to the point of being able to focus on what just happened. It took him a minute to finally realise what Mark had said. And when he did, he felt as though his heart had just exploded like a firework. He stood up and was about to rush up to the older's room but was met by the boy storming down the stairs towards the front door.