Protecting Olivia Part 1 BONUS Chapter

~•~

~•~

Protecting Livy Part 1 (500 reads celebration!!!)

~•~
Jake Braverman watched his younger sister from the Play room, Olivia was playing on the swings in the backyard with one of Matter's friends. Jake recognized the boy to be Joshua, A boy who lived just down the road from the Braverman household.

Jake hadn't liked the boy when Matter had introduced the two this morning, Jake thought there was something off about the boy. And as Jake watched his 8 year old sister play with the boy he realized why he hadn't liked Joshua. Joshua would say something to his younger sister that would make her look to her lap as she swung, a frown forming on her always happy face.

Jake did not like how the boy was treating his sister. However Jake knew not what to do as he watched the boy shove Olivia harshly, making her fall off the swing and land on the ground with a loud thud that even he could hear from his position at the window.

Jake watched on as Joshua laughed at a now crying Livy. A sight that made Jake angry.

Matter Braverman had been in the kitchen with his mother preparing drinks for his sister and new friend when he heard Olivia cry out. Without hesitating Young Matter ran out the kitchen door that lead to the backyard to see if his sister were okay.

Unlike His older brother, Matter hadn't seen his new friend shove his sister off the swings, so when Olivia told him that she had simply fallen from the swings Matter had been inclined to believe her.

Olivia was taken inside by Marcia and patched up however Olivia had refused to play outside once more with her brother, something that Marcia and Matter had found odd.

As the sun came down and the moon raised, Jake couldn't help but think back on the incident earlier.

Jake felt as he should have done something to prevent the incident, however Jake knew that he would have made matters worse after all HE was an easy target for bullying.

Jake found himself wondering the halls of his house, it was close to his and his siblings bedtime however Jake couldn't bring himself to go to bed. Instead Jake wondered through his house until he found himself in front of Olivia's bedroom door.

Jake Braverman was about to knock on the door but hesitated, what could he say to Olivia that would make her feel better? He was not good with comforting, not good with words.

Jake thought back to his crying sister, and threw caution to the wind. Something that surprised Jake himself.

Olivia was quick with her response, however it was muffled by her door. Jake walked in to her room to see the girl sitting in the corner of her bed still crying, which was something Jake rarely saw his sister do.

"You okay?"Jake asked softly, not knowing how to handle a crying Livy but not wanting to leave either.

Olivia smiled at him, wiping her tears away as she did. "Yeah" She whispered in response, her voice scratchy.