Chapter 5 |Their Betrayal

~•~

~•~

Chapter 5 | Their Betrayal

Jason Braverman sat underneath a tall willow tree, near a pond located with the town's local park. He had been watching the sway of the willow tree from where he sat allowing it too lull his mind. Olivia's diary sat in his lap, having read it some time ago, his body slumped back and his head tilted backwards, as exhaustion washes over him like waves crashing on a shore and Jason Braverman could not seem to bring himself to get up, His thoughts seeming to way him down.

His thoughts went back to what he had read of her nightmare, while it had been a brief paragraph Jason couldn't bring himself to ignore it, after all he related to it. He Understood the pain of falling asleep only to fall into a nightmare, a past trauma or an all too real fear.

And all Jason could think about was how much more real Olivia's dreams must have felt compared to his. His little sister had been there, had been seated right next to his mother when they crashed, and had witnessed their mother's death. It must have been horrific.

Jason could only sigh, as he rested his eyes. Unaware of the world around him.

"You look like shit" Jason Braverman heard a boy say from next to him, Caught off guard Jason shot up into a sitting position having gotten a fright by the voice of the boy.

Jason looked to his side, to see a teenage boy sitting next to him on the bench, Jason was unsure of how long the boy had been seated there.

Not wanting to be rude and not respond Jason answered "I feel like it too"

"Rough day then?" The boy asked with a wry smile.

"More like rough week" Jason responded with a bitter smile.

The boy spoke with raised eyes brows as he asked "That bad huh?"

Jason shrugged his shoulders in response.

"My name's Tyler" Tyler introduced himself, while offering his outstretched hand for the Braverman boy to take.

Jason took hold of Tyler's outstretched hand, giving it a firm shake "Jason"

Tyler Froze upon hearing the name of the boy he had been conversing with all this time, it was a name he found familiar.

"Are you a Braverman?" Tyler asked looking as if he were in denial.

The question took Jason by surprise, Having not expected to be asked that, however Jason found Tyler's reaction to his name far more baffling than the question itself.

"... Yes I am" Jason hesitated answering the boy, however he saw no reason as too why he shouldn't tell Tyler his name.

"How did you know I was a Braverman?"Jason fired back his own question, after the boy had paled at his answer. Suspicion started gnawing at Jason's mind.