Chapter 12: Twin Time

Laurent was in an uproar.  He paced back and forth in the studio talking to himself in French.  He hadn't seen Larry in two whole days and that simply wouldn't do.

He knew Larry was probably staying at Krystal's.   And he also knew that he'd been preoccupied his own self spending time with Stacey, but to him that was beside the point.  When it came to Larry he was irrationally, unapologetically selfish.  He needed his twin time.

Larry showed up a few minutes before their workshop was supposed to begin.  He was surprised to see all the participants still lined up standing in the hallway.

"Lau, why don't you let the people in?"

"Because we need to talk first.  Where have you been?"

"I don't have to tell you everywhere I go."

"But why didn't you answer your phone all weekend?"

"I was busy."

"Busy doing what?"

Larry was tired of the questions.  He opened the door and let all the dance students file inside.  But that didn't keep Laurent from carrying on his theatrics.  He attached himself to Larry's back, hugging him in front of everyone and resting his head on his brother's shoulder.

"When are we gonna do something together?  I miss you."

"Lau?"

"What?"

"Let me go."

"Not until you promise."

"Okay, I promise!  We're gonna do something together."

Laurent kissed him on the cheek and squeezed him tighter.  "When?"

"Never if you don't get off me."  Larry felt like his last nerve was about to snap.

"Okay, okay.  I'll stop."  Laurent sashayed off to go teach his side of the class.

Larry raised his eyes to the ceiling.  He loved his twin, but no one on Earth could understand what he had to go through.

****

Larry texted Krystal that he wasn't coming over because he was hanging out with Laurent.  So she and Stacey decided to go shopping at the outlets.

Stacey headed straight for the store with the biggest lingerie department.  She plucked two raunchy-looking bustier sets off a rack and handed one to Krystal.

"Here.  One for you and one for me."

"Girl, no.  I'm not even about to try to squeeze all of this,"  Krystal gestured to her body,  "into this little thing."

"Larry won't mind."

"Larry won't be seeing it because, well,"  She dropped her eyes.  "We're not really doing all that...yet."

"It doesn't matter.  If he's staying over at your place now, the Looney Tunes characters ain't cutting it."

"How do you know what I wear to bed?"

Stacey tossed a see-through, cupless, crotchless number her way.  "You forget how long I've known you."

Krystal held it up to her body.  "Uh-uh. I refuse to go out like this."

"Stop being such a prude!  How's he supposed to get to it if he can't even find it?  He can't miss with that thing."  They both dissolved into giggles.

Stacey was making light of the whole situation, but she knew Krystal hadn't been with anyone since Jay.  If and when it happened with Larry, it was going to be a big deal.

"Wait a minute.  What do you mean 'not really doing all that'?  It sounds like you were doing a little bit of some of that and didn't tell me."

"Well, I tried calling you this weekend,"  Krystal smacked her lips and grinned.  "But I guess you were too busy flashing people to answer your phone."

Stacey covered her face with her hand.  "Oh, so, Larry told you about that.   I'm never gonna live it down, am I?"

"Nope.  Never."  Krystal shook her head.  "Ever."

They died laughing again.

Then Stacey got serious all of a sudden.  "Maybe I should end this thing with, Lau."

"Why?  What did he do?"

"Nothing.  We have a lot of fun.  But...well, that's just it.  It's all fun and games with us.  You know that's not really what I'm about.  I have responsibilities."

"Have you told him that?"

"Um.  No."

"Maybe you should."

"Seriously?  Have you met Laurent, diva-licious, it's-all-about-me, Bourgeois?"

"Yeah," Krystal laughed.  "I didn't say it would be easy.  I'm just saying if you want more from him you should tell him.  Maybe he'll surprise you."