Why Not...?

Ever since yesterday when Steven gave me that pep talk i have come to realize that...he shouldn't have to do that...im his new mother figure which I am the one that has to be there for HIM not the other way around, maybe Pearl was right?

Am i not fit to be his mother? i...im stable, aren't i? WHY is this happening?

I sat on the counter watching as Pearl argued with Amethyst about well about ME, Ame was not tolerating what Pearl had to say about me at all and i was shocked well more guilty than anything but still shocked.

"she is amazing just the way she is!?"

"she is a horrible influence and as touching as it may be that Steven considers her his mother figure now it is not right! its does not have any-ones approval!?"

"she is so much more than you think of her pearl, she is-"

"pathetic. i dont even know why Rose allowed her to stay with us...shes just a burden to us as a whole."

"how can you say such things?"

"pretty easily! for one, she is afraid of fusion? honestly, she seems quite fine when i fused with Rose that one time and can chit chat with Garnet with ease! she is not who she says she is Amethyst! she is a good for nothing off color who should just be shattered!?"

Everyone gasped at what was just said even pearl covered her mouth regretting it already the four looked directly at me, my bangs covered my eyes and shadowed them slightly as i smiled a big fat fake smile and giggled while slipping off of the counter.

"I want to say to each of you, simply, and directly, I am deeply sorry for my irresponsible and selfish behavior I express so often and i want to add that if my presence is such of a burden then be free to laugh at my shards all you need."

I entered my room from with in the temple and slipped down the door once inside tears slipped down my cold cheeks and i covered my mouth with my hands to silence my loud ugly sobs as they continued for what felt like forever, i wanted to scream out everything that i had bottled up but once i let my hands dangle down nothing came out...

I heard a knock a few hours later on the temple door that was more hesitant and scared than the others which immediately alerted me that it was Steven...I stood up shakily and wiped my face clean before opening the door up.

Steven pounced on me...he was crying...i took him to his bed and sat down with him on my lap, wiping his tears i shushed him softly.

"Honey...You're my backbone. You're a blessing. You're a piece of my heart. You're the air I breathe. And you're the strongest person I know, and I'm so sorry for having to put you through this and having to put your family through this Steven"

"but...your my family too a-and i cant take it when you get insulted like that and-and you just walk it off! i know that it hurts you mom!?"

I felt a stray tear slip down my cheek. He Knew? how...

I hugged him tightly as more tears slided down my cheeks we cried and held each other for what felt like had been hours with no plan of letting one another go anytime soon, i wiped away my tears and layed down with him cuddled up to my front.

" i know your so much more th-than the others think y-you are mom, pearl is just...i dont know. but. i do know that your someone i d-dont want to ever lose."

"oh Steven...no one else will ever know the strength of my love for you, after all your the only one know knows what my heart sounds like from the inside... I love you Steven"

"i love you too mom"

"you might have t-to wait n-now G" Ame whispered

"I think so aswell Amethyst, i think so aswell..."

Garnet smiled and stood with pearl in front of her an Ame holding in happy tears, they looked at the two and knew that their love was true for each other.

" why do you think of me so highly?"

"Why Not...?"