Awkwardness

I sigh out rather loudly and stretched my arms high above my head and looked around only seeing Garnet on the balcony leaning on the rail and Amethyst lazing on the couch on her phone, i hum and walk towards the door and wrapped my arms around my lovers waist from behind. "morning~" i purr out into her neck

She chuckled and shook her head " Mission time for me cutie pie, we can cuddle up later?"

I huffed and let her go while nodding then Garnet walked inside and left via warp pad i still was annoyed, im just gonna get some fries...

"Hey, Amethyst." I hear Steven says

The small gem turns around, smiling at Steven calling her name.

"Yo, Steven. Whatcha been doin'?"

"I was down at the boardwalk with Mom" I walk up behind Steven and wave, smiling slightly.

"Hey, Ame. How you been?" I see a slight dark purple cover her cheeks as she smiles back, seeming kinda nervous.

"Hey. Uh, you know me. I'm just relaxin' What have you two been up to at the boardwalk?" "Amethyst, you should've seen it! Mom won like three or four different games!"

""Heh, that's pretty cool, guys. What prizes did you win?" As Steven shows Amethyst I smile at the two and blush slightly at Amethyst's laughter, ive never noticed how cute her laugh actually is!

"Hey, Mom, you should come inside and hang out for a while! You could even come watch me and Connie train with Pearl, if you want." I giggle and nod my head, pulling out my phone. "Sure, i was just going to spend time at the Pizza's, Let me just let Kiki know I'll be over a bit later than expected. I'll be right back."

Steven's POV

I glance over at Amethyst and notice her watching Mom happily. "Amethyst? Why are you staring at mom?" A blush spreads across her cheeks before she rolls her eyes, smiling.

"Heh, I'm not staring. What are you even talking about?" It takes me a moment as I glance between Amethyst and mom but then it clicks.

"Oh my gosh! Amethyst, do you like mom?!" Her smile fades slightly as she glances at the ground, her blush becoming more prominent. "Well, I- I mean she-"

She sighs and glances up at her again before turning back to me. "Maybe just a little..."

"Then why don't you talk to her? I know it's not gonna be easy, but if you like someone, you should tell that person."

"I don't know Steven... I doubt she'd even be interested in me, plus! like isnt she with Garnet already" I squeeze her shoulder gently and smile at her.

"Sometimes, you have to take risks, small or big, to make something good happen." Mom starts walking back and Amethyst sighs and nods, walking towards her

"Alright. I'll try it then..." Connie calls my name and I start to walk over to her, waving. She hugs me and starts telling me about school. As I listen, I glance back over at Amethyst and Mom to see them both blushing as Mom hugs her, smiling awkwardly.

"Hey, Steven, isn't that Indy and Amethyst?"

"Yep! And I think I hear Pearl calling for us!" "But I didn't hear-""Come on!" I take Connie's hand, smiling nervously once more at the two on the beach and head inside the house.

Normal POV again

I tried to let her down gently but she was VERY determined and persistent. Damn it...

Well i informed her that i was already in a very committed relationship with Garnet and that i didnt feel the same way about her that she felt about me, still friends though.

I knew this was gonna cause some problems in the future but it might also be kinda fun too!

She hugged me again and kissed my hand before smirking and walking off to her room?