2)Peculiar, isn't he?

Five minutes had passed quickly and my feet had already taken me as far as the mills at the docks. Turning a corner swiftly, caused me to inhale a large mass of smoke which, once disappeared, revealed the mysterious 'the boys'. The first boy was sat on large tin bucket which was flipped upside down, he had fluffy brunet curls and wore a black suit but had a turquoise coloured handkerchief placed in his breast pocket. The next boy was sat on the stone wall and had slicked back blonde hair, also wore a black suit but no handkerchief but had his collar pulled up at the back. The last boy was also sat on the wall, he had ginger curls that dangled slightly over the front of his face. "What took you so long, Charlie?" the ginger spoke. "Mother called me out for sounding like I was in a rush again, Rodger" I said mimicking the fact he decided to address me with my name which was tad bit weird for him. "Again? Really? I feel sorry for you," the blonde said as he exhaled another long drag of smoke. "Who wouldn't be, Kyle," Rodger spoke as he wafted the smoke away from his nostrils as the brunet sat on the bucket stood up and patted my shoulder twice. "Care for a cig?" he said as he pulled out box from his pocket and his fancy engraved metal lighter. "Yes please-"I began before I was cut off by Kyle's loud voice putting in "Oy! Lemme get one Nico!" Nico sighed before shoving a cancer stick between my two chapped slips and placed one for himself between his very own lips before flipping the top of his lighter open as a sign for us to lean in. All three of us leaned in closely as we lit our cigarettes as Rodger sat on the wall with a grim face as he watched us carry out our act. 

About an hour passes by and all four of us are chit chatting about how scorching hot the weather is being this year (even though its to be expecting since its summer time) and the fact that it's the last term (before summer break) starting tomorrow. Then, a loud bell starts to ring in our ears as all our heads turn to the direction it was coming from on routine. The loud sound was coming from the mills and the docks to symbolise it was their ten-minute break. Teenagers, of both female and male, started to flood out all the doors and make their way into the small courtyard provided or out into the streets. Rodger, Kyle and Nico had their eyes laid on all the girls walking out in their groups as if they were some sort of prey; But my eyes laid elsewhere. Today, like many others, my eyes were staring down at a wavy blonde boy who was absolutely covered in dirt from working. 

He quickly pulled out a cloth to wipe away the dirt from his face but only did half the job as he then grabbed the cigarette, sat in his apron pocket, and lit it. Each of his long fingers glided through his hair slowly as dirt was slowly picked up and moved along. Suddenly, his gaze turns up towards me and the boys, who are sat on top of a slightly raised wall to see over the walls that surround the mills. I flinch as our eyes lock and it must have been more than a flinch because Nico, who was sat beside me and still taking long puffs of Tabaco, turned to face me with a query look. "You doing alright over there, Charlie?" he said as his posture turned to face me more and tried to locate where my eyes were looking. "I'm fine," I stuttered as I slowly turned my gaze from the blonde to Nico's dark blue eyes. Nico has been a close friend of mine ever since I started high school (private school of course) and he's always smelt of the same piney smell, even after sucking on cylinders of tobacco for hours on end. Nico's eyes grew to a slither as he looked at me and then to the blonde, bear in mind the blonde was still eyeing me closely. "What's his problem? Staring at you like that," Kyle said as he too started to eye the blonde back. "I have no clue," my voice was short as I too turned my gaze to watch him again. 

Then, something I wasn't expecting, happened. The blonde got to his feet, put out his cigarette with his large working boots, looked up at me and smirked but then turned to meet Nico's gaze as he flipped him off with a single finger as he then took his leave back into the docks. Nico's face grew red with anger, eyebrows furrowed, but all that could be said by Rodger was "peculiar, isn't he?"