15) Together for Forever

*Oscar's POV*

My heart pounded loudly in my chest, my eyes kept focusing on every object that passed the train I was looking out of with thousands like myself doing so. My uniform was neatly pressed and clung tight to my body, my hat gripped tightly in hand as the sign with bold black letters reading "Dover , 10 miles".

I wonder what the war has done to Dover? I wonder if the docks are still there or that tobacco shop I was keen on? I wonder what's happened to Charlie? Charlie.

*Charlie's POV*

Ah, another bottle of brandy was making its way to me in the hands of my butler but he was rudely pushed aside as Rodger,Nico and Kyle came rushing into the room, startling me enough that I jumped from my seat and landed with a crash on the floor.

Adjusting my jacket's sleeves as I rose from the floor in a wobbly way, my eyes made contact with all three males before grabbing the bottle of brandy and taking a sip. "What? Is someone dying?" I joked with a broad grin plastered on my discoloured skin.

All three of them looked at each other as if to figure out who was going to tell me someone actually did die but Kyle obviously couldn't keep it in a moment longer. "Oscar! Oscar is back!"

It was like one of those cliché moments in a film were they slow it down as I drop the glass bottle in my hand as it shatters into pieces. I hadn't heard of his name in over three years and, to be honest with myself here, I thought he was dead by how the war was going. My eyes kept flickering from each of them as I finally landed in a question to ask. "Where is he?"

*Oscar's POV*

When the train came to a stop, every man on the train dashed for any form of exit, including the windows, just to get off the train and run into their family or loved's arms. I waited a bit to let the younger soldiers (16-18) get off first and the older ones and as soon as the train was empty, I stepped off the train and squeezed in and out of the tightly packed station platform. Looking around, I tried to match the image of Charlie from six years ago with any face I came across.

Some time had passed and many people had left the station to go home and celebrate with many other people, I still stood there with the remaining soldiers waiting for anyone to come. Then, the sound of someone walking up in front of me made me excited as I then realised it was someone dressed like a butler. This man then informed me that I was required to come to a private area to meet someone, quickly.

Following him, he lead me into a private room that the station had for business events etc. He told me to wait here for a minute and the mystery person will arrive. Nodding, I placed my hat onto the long wooden table and inspected the room, waiting for anyone. Then, the sound of heavy panting could be heard as the sound of the door handle being pushed open happened quickly after. Turning to face the silhouette, my body froze in place at who was stood five feet in front of me.

Charlie.

*Charlie's POV*

Oscar.

*Oscar's POV*

We stood there, looking at each other for a solid minute, analysing every part of each other. Charlie had grown a lot more since we last met (almost my height now) but his beautiful pale complexion was now replaced by discolouration, black ovals under his eyes and his eyes a red tint. But his hair was still that fluffy texture and his clothing was still so uptight and proper.

But Charlie decided to break the silence.

"Oscar, I-" he started but I broke free from my place and walked quickly in front of Charlie and smashed my lips into his.

"Stop talking," My hands quickly wrapped themselves around his waist as his hands went up into my hair.

Pulling away for us to both breath, I could see that Charlie was crying as I cradled him into my chest as I too let a few tears be shed. His head laid in the crook of my neck as his tears made my shirt damp. My hands were shaky as my fingers roamed his hair before cupping his cheeks in the heel of my palm and raising his face to meet mine. Placing a delicate kiss on his cracked lips, I wiped away his remaining tear before dropping my head onto his shoulder on beat with the song "Put your head on my shoulder" playing through the radio in the far corner of the room.

Charlie let out a long sigh before tightening his grip on me as I spoke quietly "It's always been you and it always will be. You and me, together for forever..."

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

A/N: yaya my dudes, thank you for reading this story uwu! I hope to make another story soon because I have many more ideas so yeah. I hope you enjoyed this sappy love story <3

P.S. I may or may not have cried at writing the ending.