T W O

Macy felt sick to her stomach the entire plane ride to Maine. Her leg bounced anxiously throughout the plane ride and it didn't stop until she sat at the edge of the bed at The Derry In. Macy began thinking about everything she remembered from her last six years in Derry, many of the blurry memories having something to do with Mike.

" Mike. " She whispered to herself while smiling down at the floor.

Macy felt her heart race at the thought of a man she hadn't seen since she left for college. She laughed to herself, shaking her head at the insane thoughts and memories. They were all grown adults now, it was childish to be thinking of someone she hadn't seen in over twenty years like this.

Yet, here she was, tears welling in her eyes as she thought about the first time she met Mike. When he fell off his bike in front of her, or the first time Mike kissed her...or the last time Mike kissed her. She sighs, wiping her tears with the back of her hand as she walks back to her car. Getting in Macy begins driving towards the restaurant Mike had told all the losers to meet at.

' Jade of the Orient ' read the sign as it illuminated into Macy's car. She waited anxiously inside the car, watching different men walk into the restaurant. Pulling her rearview mirror down to face her, the woman gives herself one last look and lets out a loud sigh before exiting the car.

She walks towards the restaurant, her steps slowing down once her gaze falls on a woman with bright blue eyes and fiery red hair staring at her while hugging a man. Macy watched the blue eyes go wide and she felt like she had been transported back to the summer of eighty-nine.

" Bev? " She whispers, a laugh slipping through her lips as the two begin walking towards each other. " Holy shit! Macy! " Beverly exclaims, with a smile now plastered on her face. The two women embrace each other tightly and Macy felt at ease in the hug. This was the calmest she had been since she landed, right here, in the arms of her childhood best friend.

" I-I can't believe it's you," Macy exclaims, with her gaze traveling to the buff man standing behind Beverly. " And who the fuck is that behind you? " Macy asks, trying to keep her voice down. " It's Ben. " Beverly whispers, also not trying to catch the attention of Ben Hanscom.

Macy's eyes widen as she processes what Beverly had just said. The two release from the hug and face Ben, who is giving them both a warm smile before reaching to hug Macy. " How are you, Macy? " Ben questions, giving the woman a last squeeze before letting her go.

As Macy began to open her mouth to reply she was cut off by a voice coming from outside the group. " Wow, you guys look amazing. What the fuck happened to me? " The voice called out, making the three face a tall man in glasses, each of them immediately knowing who it was.

" Beep beep Richie. " Macy laughed out without hesitation. She paused after she said that, her fingers immediately pressed against her lips, taken aback by her statement. Everyone's eyes turn to Macy's surprised face, but her eyes stay on Richie, noticing his smile growing.

" Shit, this is the first time I've seen you in over twenty years and I'm already annoying you. That must be a record or something? " Richie laughs, walking towards Macy with open arms before embracing her in a hug. " Hey, Richie! " She laughs, feeling more at ease with her three friends. Macy detaches herself from the hug and looks at Richie while he hugs Ben and Beverly.

She feels herself remembering a particular night she spent with Oliver. The night where the two were scrolling through the different stand up specials on Netflix. She remembers her stomach dropping as Oliver commented about one of the comedians, bashing him for his " terrible " and " crude " stand up sessions. She remembers him turning to her, expecting her to agree. At the time she didn't know why the comments set her off, why they made her sick to her stomach? She just didn't understand why he was being so horrible to the famous comedian whose name she really couldn't even remember. Macy recalls walking away from Oliver that night without another word. While she laid in an empty bed that night, she wonders why she felt so angry at the remarks made about the comedian. Now looking at Richie in front of her, she understood now more than ever.