S I X

Macy races up the steps of the In, with her widening once a frantic Bill runs past her. Turning around to look at the man, confused about where he was going in such a hurry. " Bill! Where the fuck are you going? " Macy calls out as he picked up Silver before looking back at the highly confused Macy.

His brain felt scrambled as he tried to put into words what had just happened. " The kid from the Chinese restaurant! H-He's in danger, I have to g-go to the fair. " He replies before hopping on Silver and riding away without another word. Macy stood there on the front steps, watching Bill become more distant, now more confused than before.

With her mind running at a million miles a minute, Macy finally walks into the front doors, being met with Ben and Beverly. " What the fuck is Bill talking about? " She begins, not even giving the two a chance to explain. " Why did he just leave for the fair? He knows we don't have much time, right? We don't have time to be fucking babysitting the kid from the Jade? Right? " Each question coming out faster than the last one.

Macy wondered if this is what it felt like to be Eddie. With her chest still rising and falling fast, she felt a hand on her shoulder. Looking to see Beverly's slender hand resting on her shoulder. The touch made Macy calm down a bit, before looking at Beverly. " Mace, listen. " Beverly tried to make her tone calm, knowing Macy wouldn't be able to focus on anything in this manic state.

" Everyone's leaving, I couldn't stop him. He kept talking about that boy, he thinks IT's gonna get him next. He wanted to save him only because he couldn't save Georgie. " She reveals, now feeling herself becoming nervous. Beverly took her hand off Macy's shoulder, now beginning to pace around the room.

" What happened to Georgie wasn't his fault. " Macy states the obvious, knowing that what happened to both of their siblings wasn't either of their faults. Even if they both believed it was sometimes ." I tried telling him that but he didn't believe me, so he left. " Beverly adds, her voice starts to crack.

Ben places his hand on the terrified woman's shoulder, causing her to look up at him with her watering eyes. " It's okay. It's Bill, he'll come back. " He reassures, taking his hand off her shoulder, before looking at the two women. " Well, at least I got Richie to stay. " Ben adds, looking up the stairs towards Richie's room. " Richie left? " Macy questioned, wondering what else she missed while she went looking for her artifact.

The two nodded their heads as Macy shook her head in disbelief. " I talked him into staying, he's in his room right now. " Ben explained while pointing behind him. What the three adults didn't know was that Richie was already halfway down the street with the sole intention of leaving Derry and never coming back.

With her mind fixated on Richie, a noise coming from up the stairs got Macy's attention. " Did anyone else just hear that? " She questioned nervously, listening closer while looking at Ben and Beverly shaking their heads. " Eddie came in covered in something, that was probably just him scared of being dirty. " Beverly revealed, noticing Macy was worried now about the man. She nods her head and begins heading towards the steps. " Well, I'm gonna check on him, Richie too. " She announces, walking up the stairs towards the room.

" Guys! Help! " Eddie yells before Macy could make it up all the steps. Without a second thought, Macy ran up the remaining steps, with Beverly and Ben close behind. " Holy shit! " Macy yells over Beverly's scream, both of them terrified at the sight they were met with. A bloodied and dirty Eddie staring at them wide-eyed, with blood still pouring out of the hole in his cheek. " Bowers is in my room. " Eddie says almost nonchalantly, with blood beginning to pour out of his mouth.