E P I L O U G E

Macy stares down at the pink pregnancy test in her shaking hands. " Macy, we just got the save the date for Ben and Bev's wedding. That means we should probably send ours soon. " He calls out from outside the bedroom. She calms down at the sound of his voice, before looking down at the ring on her finger. Knowing it's only a couple of months away before she gets to call Mike her husband. " We can do it tomorrow. " Macy replies, her voice noticeably shakey.

Mike hears the tone of her voice and walks into the bathroom, seeing Macy sitting on the closed toilet seat. He stands next to her, placing a hand on her shoulder for comfort. " Whatever happens honey, we'll be fine. " He reassures, squeezing her shoulder lightly. She nods her head before placing the test face down on the sink.

" The timer should go off any second, I just don't wanna look. " She says, just as the timer on the phone goes off, causing her to curse under her breath. Mike goes down onto his knees and looks up at Macy, placing his hand on her cheek. " Macy, listen. " He says calmly, making her look up from the floor and into his eyes. " No matter what's on that test, nothing will change the love I have for you. " Macy nods her head slowly, processing the words Mike was saying to her.

" How about we look together? Does that sound okay? " He asked, wiping the single tear that was trailing down her face with the pad of his thumb. She nods her head as Mike took his hand off her face. They both stand up, looking down at the faced-down test.

Macy places her hand on the test and watches Mike place his hand over hers. The two take a deep breath and Macy counts down from three in her head. A gasp leaves her mouth as she sees the two pink lines.

She was pregnant.

" Oh my God! " Mike says through tears, looking at the two positive lines. " I'm pregnant. " She mutters, all of this feeling like a dream. She repeats the words over and over, feeling happier each time the words leave her mouth.

Turning around to faces Mike, Macy is met with his face beaming at her, looking at her with love in his eyes. A laugh leaves her lips as she wraps her arms around Mike's neck. With his arms wrapping around her waits, lifting her up into the air. " We're gonna be fucking parents! " Macy said excitedly, her face starting to hurt from how hard she was smiling. " We're gonna be parents! " Mike repeated loudly, placing his fiancee back down on the floor, the two now more happy than ever.

Nine months passed faster than the two could fathom. And before she knew it, Macy Hanlon was lying in a hospital bed holding her baby boy in her hands. " Macy? " Mike said walking into the room with a cup of crushed ice in his hand. " Hey, " She replied, her voice still sounding a bit weary. " Where did you go, the nurses are finally got him cleaned off. " A smile grew on Mike's face as Macy finished her sentence. " I got a surprise for you. " He reveals, making Macy's eyebrow raise while the baby sleeps soundly in her arms.

Mike walks deeper into the room with three figures following behind him. The figures being Bill, Ben, Beverly, and Richie. Macy gasp as the last loser walks into the room, feeling tears welling in her eyes. Even though the losers were just together only months ago for Mike and Macy's wedding, the sight of them there at the birth of their first child made Macy feel overcome with love for her best friends. " Holy shit. " Macy muttered, watching the losers smile back at her while trying to catch a glimpse at the baby. " I'll take him. " Mike says walking up to her before taking the baby out of her hands.

Macy watched Bill walk up to her holding out his arms for the woman. " Congrats Mace! " Bill says while hugging the woman softly. Letting go Macy began thinking back to the new book Bill had just written. "Your new book! The ending was great! I mean the whole thing was great but the ending in particular! " She exclaims, grabbing onto his shoulder and watching him laugh. He nods his head at her statement, remembering the great reviews his book's ending got. " I know, thank you it means a lot! It's like some kind of curse got lifted or something. " Bill laughs, walking to the other side of the bed towards Mike.

Beverly and Ben walk away from Mike and the baby and walk up to Macy's bed. " He's a beautiful Macy. " Ben compliments while hugging the woman. " Thank you, Ben. " Macy smiled at the compliment, feeling emotional about the praise of her newborn. Beverly pushes her husband aside lightly, eager to get to her best friend. " I made you something! " Beverly gushed. Digging into her bag, she pulled out a custom onesie from her new clothing line. " Beverly it's beautiful! " Macy said, holding the navy onesie in her hands. " It's a shame he's probably gonna make a mess of it. " She added, placing it next to her. " Well, I don't care! It's beautiful and he's gonna look beautiful in it, no matter what else is on it! And hey! You look beautiful too! " Beverly says while going in to hug the woman. " Like fuck I do. " Macy laughs, knowing she looked like hell.

" Hey! Can we watch the language, please! There's a goddamn newborn baby in the room. " Richie exclaimed, making everyone in the room laugh. " Come here trashmouth! " Macy said as she extended her arms to hug the man. " Congrats Macy. " He muttered into her ear before pulling away from the hug. Mike noted that Macy had said her hello's and placed the baby back into Macy's arm. " So, what's his name? " Beverly asked. Mike and Macy looked up at each other before looking back at the baby boy

" Stanley Edward Hanlon. "

Looks of admiration fill the room as the losers look at the family of three. " It's so fitting. " Richie mutters, looking at the baby boy. " And since we didn't name him Richie. We were wondering if you would be the Godfather? " Macy asked, watching Richie's mouth drop. " And Beverly, you as the Godmother? " Mike added, making tears well in Beverly's eyes. " Of course! " Beverly exclaimed, looking down at her godson and pressing a soft kiss on his head and Macy's cheek. Mike and Macy smiled widely before turning their attention to Richie. Looking at the baby, his head begins nodding over and over again, with a single tear running down his stubbly face. " Holy shit. " He whispers looking closer at the baby, before nodding his head over and over again.

" Yes, of course, yes! Holy shit! " His tone getting more excited the more he thinks about the idea of little Stanley being his godson. " And of course you two are his uncles. " Mike chimes in, directing the comment to Ben and Bill.

" Look at us! " Ben admires, looking at his best friends. " The losers club! All grown up! " Bill adds, placing a hand on Mike's shoulder. Macy looks up from baby Stanley and looks around at his best friends, knowing to be with them will always be her favorite place. " Losers stick together. "

The losers stay in the hospital for hours, passing around baby Stanley and sharing stories and memories. Reminiscing about the few good times the eight members of the losers club shared in Derry, the times of laughter, joy, love, and true friendship. Remembering the bittersweet times when the losers club stood at eight members. Thinking about Eddie and Stan, knowing they would both be over the moon about the new baby that had been named after them.

That night the six losers promise to look over and protect baby Stanley, something none of them had while growing up. And for once, all was good for the remaining losers.