T H I R T E E N

Macy hears Richie's sobs soften as sniffles begin coming from her neck. She had never in her life seen him so vulnerable, so broken, so tired. He lifts his head up from her neck, looking around at the numb and heartbroken faces of his friends. A sad sigh left his chapped lips as he stood up from the ground. Richie held out a shaking hand for Macy, she grabbed onto the hand and stood up from the ground. Letting her hand go, Richie turns away from the losers.

His eyes never leave the ground as he starts to walk away from the losers and what used to be the house on Neibolt Street. The other adults send each other confused looks as they watch him walk further away, but follow behind the man. Richie leads them through the Derry streets, each street and house making them nostalgic. While walking further through Derry, it didn't take long for Macy and the others to figure out where Richie was taking them.

The quarry.

They get closer and closer to the body of water and before they knew it the six losers are holding onto the bar that had been placed in front of the cliff of the quarry. Beverly grips the bar harder, looking over the cliff and seeing the water. Her grip tightens as she lifts herself up and climbs to the other side of the bar. Macy watches Beverly and kicks her shoes off, following behind the other woman.

Now standing at the edge of the cliff the losers watch Beverly splash into the water. Macy remembers the first time she was at the quarry twenty-seven years ago. Thinking about how she and Beverly were the first ones to jump into the water back then. And as she watches Beverly hit the water Macy walks towards the ledge and jumps into the water below her.

Once the cold water washes over her body, a sense of comfort is reinstalled in Macy. Swimming over to Beverly the two girls watch the four other men jump into the water one by one. Mike hits the water last, swimming over to Macy, the two trailing behind the rest of the losers as they all make their way to the shallow end of the water.

The losers begin cleaning themselves with the quarry water. Mike pours water on Macy's arm and rubs his hand over one of the many scrapes on her arm. The same scrapes she got from being dragged through the cavern. She flinches at the stinging sensation, her reaction making Mike take his hand off her arm, muttering a " Sorry. " She looks up at him, sending him a reassuring and weak smile, wanting him to know he really didn't hurt her. Mike wraps an arm around the woman before placing a soft kiss on the top of her head.

Mike unwrapped his arm from Macy before dunking his hand under the water, letting the water clean his face. " You know what? " Bens voice question, finally breaking the silence between the six losers. " Eddie would've hated this, guys. " He finishes, reminding all the losers of their fresh heartbreak. Bill brushes his wet hair to the back as he turns his head towards Ben. " What? Cleaning ourselves with dirty water? " Bill asked, a small chuckle leaving his mouth.

A smile spreads on Ben's face as he shakes his head in confirmation. Beverly runs her wet hands up and down her arms, still trying to get the remainders of the dried blood off her pale skin. " He'd be telling us we'd get streptococcal something. " She says with a smile, thinking about how Eddie would constantly worry about the health of himself and those he truly loved. " Yeah " Mike agrees, nodding his head at the statements the other losers were making about Eddie. " But he would've made us laugh though. " He finishes, making Beverly, Ben, and Bill nod their heads.

Macy swallows the lump in her throat, looking at Richie and knowing it's only a matter of time before he breaks down again. " He loved us so much. " Macy reminded, looking away from Richie for a moment, a part of her not wanting to look at him anymore, it just hurt too much. She took a deep breath before looking at Richie. Immediately noticing him covering his face with his shaking hand. " He loved you so much." She muttered through tears, just loud enough for only Richie to hear.