Chapter 1

It was two days before the start of the lights out tour Trent had asked the boys to meet up a few days early so that everyone could get to know eachother and bond.

Payton hasn't ever met any of the boys before he's been following some for a while and he follows all of them now after learning who was coming on tour.

Payton had maybe kind of stalked most of their pages and had seen that most of them were already friends they had met before at least once and had videos together. He was pretty sure he was the only person on tour that had never met a single one of these guys.

It's no wonder really Payton is always crazy busy with school and traveling for meetings he's been making music and trying to model and now that summer was about to begin it was supposed to be more relaxed but then he decided to join the tour.

His parents had encouraged him and wished him luck and sent him on his way to Phoenix to meet everyone.

Payton knew he was going to be the last boy to the hotel because of the group text he'd been added too.

Payton never chatted in the group only answering important questions or questions asked directly to him.

Being so young Payton was actually really shy, with his friends he was the biggest ball of childish energy it was he's safe space to relax and be a kid again with his friends back home.

But when Payton works he pulls himself together he's very mature and confident in front of management and set directors or clients when he models he acts grown because well he has a grownup job.

Payton was going to be the youngest on tour and sure there were other 16year olds but they were almost 17 Payton wasn't.

He'd had his birthday just last week and while his parents through him a grand birthday dinner with cake and all his friends he had spent all day before that working and had just arrived home from a job the day before.

So to say Payton was overworked was an understatement. He was stressed and overwhelmed and just wanted to relax before the beginning of tour.

Payton was currently gathering his bags at the airport and making his way to his Uber to take him to the hotel.

He was nervous he sent a quick text that he was on his way and another to his mom that he had landed and was safe. Payton bounced his leg rapidly and chewed on his hoodie strings.

God this is gonna suck he thought

It's not long before he arrives at the hotel he gets his luggage and makes his way into the hotel lobby he's greeted by Trent who takes him over to check in he's handed a key card and shoved in the direction of a loud group of boys sitting at the back of the lobby Trent follows behind him.

Payton's Pov: He hits the edge of the group and Trent clears his throat
"Boys" he calls and they quiet down a bit and look to him
"This is Payton" he starts simply
"Hi" I say shyly giving a little wave
"Aw he's so cute" someone coos I believe it to be Chase Hudson
I'm tugged down to sit on the arm of the plush arm chair I'm standing next to by Griffin Johnson he's one of the oldest boys on tour and he makes me feel really shy and I blush a little.

The boys start introducing themselves and wow there's so many of us
Chase H, Noen, Jaden, Anthony, Griffin, Chaser, Josh, Bryce, Tayler, Sam, Kevin, Joe, Jason and Harrison.

They talk for awhile I sit quietly feeling shy I chew on my hoodie string again swinging my feet lightly

"Payton you're 16 right?" Anthony asks
I look up and nod
"My birthday was just last week" I tell them