Chapter 6

Griffin's Pov: Payton slept soundly all through the night he had curled up with his yoshi and fallen asleep as soon as the boys left.

When I woke up this morning Payton was still wrapped tightly around yoshi but interesting enough he was gently sucking on his thumb. It was cute he looked so young.

I decide I'll wake him after my shower to let him sleep a bit longer. I take about a 20 minute shower before drying off to get dressed I still need to do my hair But I don't think Payton will mind sharing the bathroom.

"Hey bub good morning it's time to wake up" I say gently shaking him awake till his sitting up.

"Why don't you shower and get dressed and we'll go get breakfast maybe have some chocolate milk I saw you drink like three glasses of it yesterday" I tell him he's sluggish but awake which is good

He makes his way into the shower I wait till he's gotten in before going in the do my hair I finish my hair and start to brush my teeth.

Payton gets out of the shower towel around his waste and comes to brush his teeth next to me. He's so skinny but I can see the little arm muscles and abs he's been working out that's cute.

He goes back into the room to change I look over myself one last time before going back into the room as well.

Payton has changed into some ripped black jeans and a long sleeve lucky no hoodie today so I won't have to keep taking the strings out of his mouth.

He's sitting on the bed fully dressed holding yoshi to his chest but his hair it dripping wet.

I walk over and take his towel and gently rub his hair dry or at least so it not dripping I go get a comb and I comb his hair down so it less Wild.

"Come on up" I say gently pulling him to stand
He still holds yoshi tight
"Ready to go eat?" I asks he just nods following me to the door
"Are you sure you want to take yoshi to breakfast" I ask at the door he just nods again walks out I shrug and follow behind him.

We meet the guys at the hotel breakfast buffet and we all gather our food yoshi waits at the table for us.

The boys give me questioning looks but I just shake my head "he's not quite awake yet" I tell them

We all come back to the table I place a glass of chocolate milk in front of Payton as promised before sitting down he's in between Bryce and Tayler once again.

"You really like your yoshi huh bubs" Bryce asks

Payton gives him a little nod and a soft smile

We all eat all of us but Payton drinking a cup of two of coffee Payton just happily drinks his chocolate milk and gives me a knowing look when it's empty.

After breakfast we gather out things and make our way to the bus Payton still attached to yoshi and few of the boys look confused but no one says anything I sit with Payton on the drive to the venue.

Payton goes to get off but I grab him softy
"Let's leave yoshi on the bus okay buddy we don't want him getting lost right" I tell him taking yoshi softly and placing him on the seat

"Okay" he says softly but he holds my hand off the bus that's when I realize he must be nervous.

Payton's Pov: I was really nervous I didn't want to do this it's a lot of pressure to have to meet hundreds of new people.

When Griffin made me leave yoshi I held his hand off the bus I wasn't ready for this.

Once in the venues we help finish setting up a few things I stick close to Griffin and Tayler. Trent talks us through how everything will work and where to stand.

I'm close to Griffin and Tayler but we are all separated enough to have space for pictures and stuff but I wanted Griffin to hold my hand again as the girls are brought in to line up I'm shaking lightly.

Griffin leaves his spot for a second he hugs me to his side looking to the fans
"They love you Payton just smile and everything will be fine" he says he ruffles my hair and makes his way back to his spot.

As the first fans make their way over I take a deep breath and put on a big smile.

Surprisingly the meet and greet was easy maybe a tad overwhelming but it was fun the girls were so nice they gave me scrunchies and presents.

One girl gave me a small silver box with a sparkly blue bow she told me not to open it till later and that it was kind of a joke gift since I was the baby of the tour.

So as soon as we were sitting on the bus and on the way to the hotel I opened the box.

What I found inside was a bit shocking but I was intrigued I reached in a pulled it out. Griffin had been watching closely curious about the gift after I had told him what the girl had said

"That's not what I was expecting" he says

It's a slightly larger than normal clear blue tinted pacifier with sparkles in it. It says Payton in the center and its attached to a clip that I guess clips on to it and then your shirt on the other end. The Clip has little Mario characters down the strap.

"It has yoshi" I say showing Griffin

"Payton what's that?" Bryce asks him and Tayler leaning across their seats to see what I'm holding.

"A fan give it to me said it was a joke cause I'm the youngest on tour" I tell them holding out the pacifier and the clip to them the take it and look it over before laughing loudly

"THATS SOO CUTE!" Bryce laughs he runs up and down the aisle with it showing it to the boys and telling them what happened the boys laugh and joke about it but I think it's funny.

It was an interesting funny gag gift that had a lot of thought put into to it. I eventually get it back the boys joking about the baby needing his paci. I place it gently back in its box before we get off the bus to go into the hotel.