Friend

"Oh. Hey Candace." I responded. "I guess you'll be meeting early. Candace this is James. James this is Candace." I introduced.

"Hi. It's nice to meet you." James said.

"If you hurt her. I will litterly slit your throat." Candace hissed. Gavin stuck his head out of the door.

"And I'll help her." He added then going back inside and closing the door. James just stood there awkwardly.

"So what are you doing on Halloween?" Candace asked.

"Apparently going with you two." James responded. In a small laughing tone. He looked at the time. "Oh shit. I need to go feed Vinnie." He gasped. He said good bye then left.

"Who the hell is Vinnie?" Candace asked me.

"Vinnie is his pet snake. He's named after Vinnie Paul the drummer of Pantera." I answered. After a few minutes of talking she left.

*Thursday after school*

I got home and started getting ready immediately. The guys didn't come over today. I put on some jeans, boots, Dying Fetus shirt, and vest. I put on my special events makeup. I made it look like my bottom jaw had fallen off. I messed up my hair and put on a Slayer hat. When there was a knock at the door I ran to it. I pulled James into my room. He was wearing a Cannibal Corpse shirt with rips all over exposing his muscular figure, jeans, boots, his vest, and his Exodus hat on backwards. Basically his everyday look besides for the rips.

"Shit. Gnarly makeup." He laughed. I pushed him where he was now sitting on my desk chair.

"We need to put your makeup on quick." I demanded. "Motherfucker. I need to get closer to your face to add the details and there's nowhere to sit." I wispered to myself.

I knew I was probably gonna regret this but I sat on his lap facing him. My legs on opposite sides of him. It looked sexual. But it wasn't intended to be. I just needed to get closer to where it was easier to all details.

"Are you sure that's what you want exactly. Cause you're telling me something else." He chuckled.

I told him to shut up. I already had all the stuff set out. I made it where it looked like a soda can got smashed into his head. And is stuck there. I messed up his hair too and put his hat back on him. He looked in the mirror.

"Bro. You're amazing at makeup." He was amazed.

I nodded. We then walked out and over to Candace's house. We knocked on the door. Her father answered.

"Hey Ruby. Who's this?" He asked.

"Mr. Williams. This is James; my boyfriend. Candace invited us to go trick or treating with her." I responded. He nodded and letbusbin. They were all ready too. They were both witches. It was dark out already.

"Lacy meet James. James meet Lacy." Candace introduced.

Lacy waved shyly. Wtf. We went out and began the trick or treating. Me, James, and Candace all stayed by the end of the driveway of each house as Lacy ran up and got candy. We all talked and laughed. We all had a really good time. After awhile we walked back to Candace's house. We walked in.

"So what are you doing for your birthday on Saturday?" She asked.

"Your birthday's Saturday?" James added. I just shrugged.

"Nothing. Probably do what I usually do. Isolate myself in my room." I answered. After a little over a minute later James and I left. We went into my room. "Here. I need to get this off of you so you can drive." I said. I sat like I did when we were getting ready.

"It's your 18th birthday. Why aren't you doing anything?" He asked. We talked as I took his makeup off.

"Because I don't like celebrating my birthday. But I know that Candace will drag me out of the house. But please. Don't do anything for me. It's just another day." I sighed. He nodded a little.