trouble

Soon after I got back in my clothes from the night before and he drove me home. I walked in. Him following me. Gavin was standing in the kitchen waiting for me.

"Are you insane!?" Gavin yelled. Well hello to you too.

"Look, Bro. We already talked. So please. Being hung over is already a good enough punishment." James pleaded for me.

"Yeah, and you probably went easy on her too! You don't know what it's like to hear that your little sister got shit faced!" Gavin yelled.

James just looked down. That pissed me off. But I didn't want to start anything more. I looked down too. He took a deep breath.

"Sorry. But I gotta go. See ya later..." James sighed before leaving.

"Go to your room." Gavin demanded pointing in the direction of my room.

"Happily." I hissed. I went into my room and shut my door behind me. I slid down against my door and sat on the floor. I don't know why. But the tears just fell. I didn't even know what I was crying over.

*Monday*

I woke up late. I put on a Ramones shirt, jeans, converse, and my vest. I grabbed my bag and ran to school. Shit. I got into my first hour right after the bell rang.

"You're late." Mrs. Santel hissed.

"I'm sorry. I overslept." I was out of breath from running.

She just pointed my seat and told me to not be late again. I usually sit at a table alone but a new kid was sitting in the seat next to me. He looked pretty gnarly. He looked like he just came back from the 1970's British Punk Scene. Cool. He didn't talk. It was as if he was... nervous. Even better. I just put on my headphones and layed my head on the desk. And accidentally fell asleep. Somebody then poked my arm. But instinct I popped up and slapped them across the face. I saw that it was the new kid.

"Oh shit! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to! Are you okay!?" I started to panic.

Damn. His face was red. After being yelled at by the teacher I had to walk him to the nurse.

"Sorry about that. It was first instinct." I apologized.

"It's fine. Good hit though." He laughed. "I'm Chris by the way." He added.

"So what did I miss while I was asleep?" I asked.

"Well we're doing a project with the person who sits next to you. And we get to pick whoever. They just gotta be dead and had to do something." He answered. Oh shit. Motherfucker. What's James gonna think? Ugh.

"How about we do Sid Vicious." I insisted. He liked the idea.

"She said that it should be homework and that we should start it soon." He added.

We decided on my house. Motherfucker. When lunch came around and I went outside and called Gavin. I was panicing.

"What do you want?" Gavin picked up the phone.

"Gavin. I'm freaking out. And I dont b know what to do. I'm worried. And I need your help." I was talking fast in for panic mode.

"Okay. Calm down. Take some breaths. Now, what happened?" He said calmly.

"In history we're all doing a project with the person who sits next to us. And it's homework too so we have to work on it outside of school with our partner. And me and my partner are gonna start on the project today. And we decided at my place." I announced.

"So? Why are you freaking out?" He laughed.

"Because my partner's a he. And he's coming over. And we'll be studying in my room. Alone. And you guys will be there. And James especially will be there. And I don't know what to do." I answered.

"Hey. He's dating a high schooler. He should know that something like this would happen. So calm down. It'll all be fine." He assured. No its not. After a minute longer of talking the call finally ended.