gone

I didn't want to go to the car cause I'm stubborn. But because I wanted to know if he's alright. Really. I sat there with my arms crossed. I wondered what they were talking about. After a little while Gavin finally came out. He got in the car. His glare went straight at me.

"Why the hell didn't you go to the car when I told you to!?" He yelled at me.

"Because I wanted to make sure he was okay!" I yelled back.

Before he could say anything else there was a boom. In less than I second we were already running up the stairs. Staff and neighbors ran behind us. We barged in first. I saw what I never want to see. Everyone gasped. James was on the floor. A gun resting in his hand and brains and blood spreaded across the floor coming from him. Gavin covered my eyes by holding my face under his arm facing his side. But we couldn't take it anymore. We fell down onto our knees and sobbed. There was no way in hell he was alive. The cops came and cleared the scene. We stayed sobbing outside of the door. A cop asked us to follow him to the police station. Gavin and I got in the car. We didn't talk. We didn't know what to say to eachother. When we got to the police station we got taken into different rooms to answer questions.

"What do you know about what happened?" A police officer told me. I took a deep breath.

"James was my boyfriend. And my brother's best friend. When he was 18 his family disowned him and he moved to St. Louis. He hasn't seen them in years. But I went to school today and apparently his sister who he hasn't seen in years moved here. So we ditched school and I called him and we all had lunch together. When I got home my brother and I tried calling James but he wouldn't answer. We started to get worried so we went to his apartment. He wouldn't open up the door and we heard yelling and the door was unlocked so we just went in. We stood by the door frame to the kitchen as we watched him and his father." I continued. "His father was screaming at him calling him a mistake and worthless. And James didn't do anything. He just stood there and took it. His father then said that it'd be better off if James would leave forever and dropped a gun in frount of him then left. James put the gun to his head right before my brother threw the gun across the room and put him in a head lock. I don't know what they talked about cause they told me to go out to the car." I paused for a second. "Gavin came back out and said that he talked him out of it. And then we wears a big boom. We ran back in and up the stairs and saw him." I started crying again.

"Thank you. I'm sorry for your loss." She said calmly.

I nodded. I was let out. Gavin and I were allowed to go home. We went back home. We walked in. He looked enraged.

"Why do you look so furious?" I asked. I was semi-quiet. He snapped his head at me. Okay. That was a stupid mistake

"Why the fuck do you think!? I just saw my best friend's dead corpse after he blew his fucking brains out!" He yelled. Oh god. This isn't gonna end well.