Chapter Three - The promise land

Max got all the thangs. " that was tough... but now we can go to the promise land!" max said with a smile. Melody sat on the ground of the platform. The captain walked out of the train. " ah! Yes! We got every single thang. thank you, agent 8 and agent 7." The captain said to them. Melody nodded as she pick up the telephone.

"congratulations! The door to the promised land will open now!" the telephone said whilst doing something weird. The telephone made with the parts a blender. Melody, max and the captain didn't thought much of it. "please, step richt inside! Here we go! Do not be shy!" the telephone said opening the blender door. "Home sweet home! Here we come!" the captain said as he goes in. melody and max followed the captain inside, but little did they know that it was a trap...

Marina screamed:" w-wait a second! Is it just me or... uh... does that kinda look exactly like a blender?!" the platform they stand on rises. "WHOA WHOA WHOA YEAH HOLD UP!this just got seriously sketchy!" pearl yelled. Max and melody looked around being scared. The telephone mumbled something weird. Something like a receipt. "HEY! What did that thing say?! Let us out of here stupid telephone!" the captain said. Melody and max looked at each other. Melody quickly grabbed max for the last time. " marina! They're gonna get smoothied! YOU GOTTA DO SOMETHING!" pearl panicked. Max hold melody tight. "I'm... trying.. none of my hacks are working... I cant get in!" marina said with a worried voice. Melody closes her eyes. Was this the end? After al the did... "I'm going to activate the distress signal on agent 8's CQ-80. Cross your fingers!" marina said trying her best to help them.

Just at that moment someone broke through the roof. The girl like figure kicked the telephone off the blender and the blender in pieces. It went so quick that nobody noticed it what just happened.

Melody and max lay down on the floor whilst the captain stood up and looked around. "holy mackerel.. we made it?!" the captain said confused. Melody and max stood up and helped each other. Pearl and marina were happy yelling through the mic.

"agent 3?! Is that really you? Where have you been?!" the captain said surprised. Agent 3 was laying on the ground. She was nocked out and her CQ device was laying besides her. "she saved us..." melody said looking at the inkling girl. "look she has a device like mine too..." melody said pointing at the device. "oh, wow... I think that might be an employee model CQ-80! Gimme a second here. I'll see if I can access it..." marina said whilst hacking into it. Max stands behind melody. "jackpot! I think these are blueprints to the entire Kamabo Co.'s test facility! Agents! Captain! I think we can use these to get you guys outta here!" marina said being excited. " are you squidding me?! I knew you'd come through for us, agent 3!" the captain said proudly. Melody smiled at them. What a relief... " for starters, it looks like you'll want to head up through thay hole agent 3 made" marina said to them. "I should wait here until agent 3 wakes up. No squid left behind you two go ahead." Melody and max nodded to each other.

Melody and max super jumped through the hole. " this is going to be exciting!" max said to melody. " yup I wonder what this route will give us." Melody said that to max as they land on the ground.

When they landed, melody looked around. " we don't have weapon with us..." melody said to max. "shit... I forgot mine at home..." max said panicking a little. " guys I can see there will be a weapon on your route! You have to advance without..." marina said through the phone. Melody and max nodded and swim through the ink.

The two octopuses swim throughout the whole stage. Trying to be sneaky. It was just so scary to get caught. If they did they will die... the two stayed strong and they got through with ease.

Next part they search for a weapon. They first found the bombs and later their weapons. Melody had her brush and max his dualies. They continued quick.

After a while of swimming, attacking, jumping and climbing. They got to a point where the have to get the energy core. " we have to split up to do this quick..." melody suggests to max. "hm... yes!" max nodded and thumps up. They split up to open up everything to get the energy core. After a while to got the core free. "almost there!" melody smiled as they super jumped to the next part.

" okay we have to get it up there!" max said pointing to top. " we can get it up with shooting it." Melody said to max. " what about you protecting the core and I shoot him? You're way quicker than me so you can do this better." Max said to melody. Melody nodded on his order. Together they got the core up. "nice work max!" melody yelled and hugged him. "without you I couldn't do it" max smiled and hold him. "lets hurry up, mel." Max said to her as the super jumped to the elevator. Once on there the elevator started moving up.

Melody and max sit down on the floor. "we just did it! We made it to the promise land." Max said being really happy. "im curious what the promise land will look like. Maybe something like home..." melody said, but suddenly the elevator stopped moving. "hu?.." melody and max were shocked. They looked up and there was someone. It was agent 3! "they are fast..."max said, but before he knew it captain cuttlefish hanged there in ropes. "GYAAAH! Agents? Help meeee! Agent 3's mind was hijacked by that crazy phone!" the captain yelled as agent 3 turned around. On her face was a weird green blueish slime. She was ready to attack them. "max you free the captain I take care of this" melody said getting her brush ready. Max simply nodded and super jumped to the captain.

Agent 3 jumped into the area with a splash down. Melody quickly inked the area with her colour. Agent 3 was going after melody, but melody was quick and got behind her. At that point agent 3 starting to use curling bomb launcher, but it had no effect. Melody smacked her brush against agent 3 and nocked her out. "snap out of it, agent 3!" melody yelled, but it had no effect.

Again agent 3 jumps in. this time using the baller. Melody quickly smacked the ball to break it, but it was too late. The ball exploded. Pushing melody to the other side of the stage. "ah!..." melody screamed and quickly got up. Agent 3 goes to her. Luckily for melody she had made a path to swim through so she could get her gear back up. Once it was up. She started to swing her brush to agent 3. Nocking her out. "agent 3, I'm not bad!" melody again yelled. Leave no effect on agent 3.

In the meanwhile max tried his best to free the captain, but this was rather difficult. The captain was hanging under the space ship thingy of agent 3. Freeing him would end up into falling in the deep hole. Suddenly max got an idea! Out of his small bag he got a ink trail launcher. "If I put this close to him. I can help him escape." He said that while setting up the trails.

Agent 3 stand on her space ship thingy. Shooting down to the ground. " I can never reach that... wait I have these!" melody said picking her bombs. She never actually uses bombs in battle because she ran out of ink quick. Melody throws a bomb on the platform. Whilst she throw that agent 3 use the stingray. Melody quickly avoid the attack an get some ink. Agent 3 looks around as she couldn't find melody. Melody slowly swim closer and throw another bomb. Once exploded she heard a little moan coming from agent 3.

Back to max. he set up everything and super jump to the captain. "agent 7..." captain said, but max put a finger on his own mouth. Max quickly untie him and they felt. "get in octo form." Max said as he transformed. The captain transformed too. They landed softly on the trail and got back to safety. "thank you agent 7." The captain said as they got on the platform. "hey, no problem! I wonder whats going on with melody..." max said being worried a little.

Melody could feel agent 3 was on her last health. "snap out of it!" melody yelled, but still no effect. Agent 3 jumped to her and uses splashdown. Melody avoid and went to her, but agent 3 super jumped and splashdown again. Melody avoid it. For the third time she did it again. Melody got annoyed by it, but she could attack her. "now I end its for ever!" melody yelled that and give her last swing. The greenish blueish slime got off of agent 3.

"way to go melody!" max said going on the platform. Melody smiled brightly. Agent 3 laid nocked out on the ground. The elevator started moving. "good work agents! We made it up there." The captain said with a smile.

Then the elevator stopped at the top floor. Only a huge ladder to climb. "you guys go first I take care of agent 3." The captain said. "okay, captain. Max lets go!" melody said that and climbed the ladder. Max followed her up.